Topic: Question about amour coverage  (Read 2300 times)

Zachh

« on: November 05, 2021, 07:08:46 PM »
Hello, I have a question about amour coverage. If I have an amour coverage of dark green, does wearing more amour still increase my protection? Or is dark green the “max” protection you can have? Thanks!

LoLotov

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 02:33:23 PM »
This is an interesting question, as even at full dark green everywhere, you can still be wounded. I frequently (used to, not so much in newer versions as I believe it has been nerfed) would wear far more armor than necesarry, and the benefit I noticed was that the amount it would be degraded from absorbing damage was spread across multiple pieces, thus lengthening the lifespan of each individual piece. Not sure if it gave an ARMOR benefit, but it definitely helped preserve expensive/rare/both metal armors.
Iiiiii juuuuust want to set the woooooooorld onnnn fiiiiiiiiireeeeeee.... Iiiiiiii don't want to start a flame in your heeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrt.
And with your admissiiiiion you feeeeel the same, I'llllll have reached the goaaaal I'm dreamiiiing offfff, believe meeeeee

Matti-patti

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 02:52:57 PM »
As far as I know, a point of armor that's off the graphical scale of the armor coverage screen is just as effective as point of armor within it. The game's damage system seems to be weapon damage value (generally 4-7) + 1-2 d6 (depending on relative success of rolls) with extra + 1d6 when hitting counterattacking target. The maximum of the armor screen [8] is really quite minimal, I tend to go for 10-14 points or so (though some locations such as skull are easy to make immune to damage).

And similarly, you'll want more clothing than just what the graphical scale shows for winter.

anything