Topic: Fishing bait - Worms, guts, and groundbait  (Read 2803 times)

WajMan

« on: October 25, 2021, 05:13:40 AM »
Great game, brutally rewarding.

I would imagine this is planned but if not,  digging for worms or reaching into trees for grubs etc. for bait would be much appreciated. Similarly using guts from butchery would be another realistic suggestion to improve the hunter-gatherer symbiosis.

Another potentially interesting addition would be the option to throw groundbait into fishing water. Pushing offcuts or specifically crafted bait into the water would increase likelihood of catching specific fish for a certain time, likely limited by type of groundbait and type of water.

Again, a great game, excited to see where it goes.

Tinker

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 09:52:42 AM »
I did suggest some time ago that using the currently wasted resources from butchering would be good, mainly as a source of tsty offal to eat but that was before bait was introduced, this would be even more useful now, a tasty piece of liver would sustain you while the less appetising bits would be on your hook.

Goundbait might also be useful around nets for passive fishing.

WajMan

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 04:28:25 PM »
Yeah that would be great, +1 to that suggestion!

Obviously there's the realism side, but also from the gameplay I reckon it's really satisfying to have the different 'professions' assist one another. Use every part of the animal eh!