Topic: Master Fisherman can't catch no fish!  (Read 3690 times)

Mr.Ocd

« on: April 04, 2023, 10:25:02 PM »
Super confused. In the past when playing with a character with high fisherman skill I caught bonanzas of fish. But with my new character in the latest version of the game even with a fishing skill of 87% its very rare if I ever catch a fish doing normal rod fishing. I don't understand. Is it simply because I have no bait? I've been starving myself to death doing rod fishing with no great results.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 02:01:26 AM »
I don't understand. Is it simply because I have no bait?

try bait, though it's still much harder to catch fish in the last version or so.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 08:39:06 AM »
As @Privateer said, the fishing difficulty has been increased, and bait seems to be almost required now (which makes real world sense). Also note that bait is used up even if you fail to catch something (larger bait is nibbled upon, while smaller ones, such as bird fat, is lost in a single attempt).

Tinker

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 10:09:21 AM »
Yesterday my fishing net delivered a fine catch of 3 roach. While paddling back to shore I realised I had a rod with me so I dangled a roach on the hook and caught 14 bream.

My skill is still under 60 but since the start of winter, it is now 1 day before midwinter, I have about 150 pike, salmon and trout dried in my cellar plus the dozens of other fish meals I have eaten. Bait is the answer, even spoiled raw meat or fish works, there is a thread here somewhere detailing research about what is best to use.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 03:19:33 PM »
Yesterday my fishing net delivered a fine catch of 3 roach. While paddling back to shore I realised I had a rod with me so I dangled a roach on the hook and caught 14 bream.

My skill is still under 60 but since the start of winter, it is now 1 day before midwinter, I have about 150 pike, salmon and trout dried in my cellar plus the dozens of other fish meals I have eaten. Bait is the answer, even spoiled raw meat or fish works, there is a thread here somewhere detailing research about what is best to use.

I wish I had your luck, I unwisely started with like 28 fishing, it hasn't risen at all, I almost never catch anything in nets, and fishing has so far just been a waste of bait with a rod.