Topic: Dogs sleepwalk on zoomed-out map  (Read 2710 times)

« on: May 24, 2021, 09:08:10 PM »
One of my dogs went to sleep outside my cabin while I was crafting some arrows. I then zoomed out the map to go check on my traps on adjacent tiles, and the dog kept sleeping: first following me asleep on the zoomed-out map (laying down with "zz" next to it), and then when I zoomed in on the other tile with traps, the dog had followed me to the new tile . . . but was still asleep. Maybe when the player is zooming out with animals, do a check if the animals are asleep, and if they are, wake them up. Seems consistent enough with real-dog behavior (if human is leaving, go with) and with gameplay expectations (dogs stay with player). 

PALU

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 11:02:16 PM »
Yes, that's an odd quirk. I have, however, lost a dog that was seriously injured and sleeping through this process when it somehow manage to drown in the adjacent water tile when I zoomed out moved a tile, and then zoomed in again to check the traps. The dog was found dead far out into the water when I started to look for it. This was a number of years ago, but I don't think this behavior has changed.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 05:58:35 PM »
Yes, it seems this can happen with any animals. We haven't found out the reason yet, but the issue seems to be mostly about sleeping indications (Zzz..) being shown despite of the creature actually being awake. All the sleepwalking animals function in their normal awake fashion.

Jooseppi, if you've got the sleepwalking dog still around feel free to send a savegame. The more samples we can collect of the issue, the better the chances might be to fix it.
- Sami | UnReal World creator