Topic: Please allow addition of new map markers to other tiles as well  (Read 2758 times)

ineedcords

« on: June 22, 2021, 06:37:52 PM »
Currently, in F6 (Map of Known Areas) screen, we are able to add new map markers.
Add-new-map-marker action however only works for one single tile in the known universe: the exact tile where PC is standing on which looks like an out of place limitation.

Listed together these are the current map marker abilities or lack there of:
  • Without standing on the exact same tile, (for an existing map marker) it is possible to view and modify the colour and/or text.
  • Without standing on the exact same tile, (for an existing map marker) it is possible to delete the map marker.
  • Without standing on the exact same tile, it is not possible to create a new map marker, as mentioned above.

Current implementation leads to some users (such as I) visiting a tile and leaving "placeholder" entries with the intention to fill in the text later on, when needed.
While this workaround 'works', it is an unnatural interaction.
In my opinion it would be very good to eliminate this imbalance with the last entry in the list, so that map markers for "other locations" (where PC is not standing on) can be both modified/deleted and added which would complete the unlimited map-marker access trio.

Thanks!
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 08:26:12 AM »
I agree that the ability to mark other tiles would be quite useful. With the current limitation I've resorted to things like "Njerp 3N5E" to indicate where I've seen a threat (so I can either try to hunt it down after going to the homestead to gear up in battle gear, or avoid the area, depending on character and terrain [avoid if full of spruce]).

anything