Topic: Widescreen  (Read 2677 times)

Mr Wendal

« on: March 08, 2021, 12:19:36 PM »
It's not on the roadmap, but I'd really like something like this, widescreen 16:9

Making the game area bigger, to 100% of screen height (a ~30% increase) is important for me. Even if I could toggle hide the info boxes and see just the game area fullscreen in 4:3, I'd be happy.

It's the biggest quality of life issue I have playing the game. It's currently very hard to see what things are, I get confused all the time.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:21:49 PM by Mr Wendal »

trowftd

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 03:24:48 PM »
Yep. This would be my biggest suggestion too. It would make it easier to spot stuff and whatnot. I wrote this before in a General Discussion post, but I think here is a lot more appropriate and I also support this. Your GUI mock up also doesn't look bad, I wouldn't mind the game looking that way tbh.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 04:52:41 PM »
Resolution increase and reworking the outlook to some needs to be taken care at some point in the future.
It's a big thing and needs to be planned carefully and will likely start new era of the game... UnReal World IV or something ;)
This has been talked and suggested many times, with many different viewpoint to what's preferred by each individual.
Resolution increase has been on my mind for many years already but taking the actual step needs to be considered carefully
as it's going to take a lot of time and effort and stop the usual rolling releases for quite a long period of time.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything