UnReal World > Suggestions

More ancient weapons.

(1/3) > >>

Homocommando:
In that period of time people used also weapons like atlatl, rabbit sticks/throwing sticks, slings.
Not sure about Finland, but atlatl is great, especially for bigger animals or spear fishing, and quite easy to build, so I think they must have used it.
Rabbit stick is powerful weapon, useful for hunting small game, and it is even used to this day by aboriginal australians (boomerangs).
Slings are not very accurate, but they are powerful blunt weapons, and you can just find ammunition for it on the ground.
I think it would be cool to see these weapons in game.

Galgana:
Stonelobber's Primitive World mod adds rabbit sticks and slings.

trowftd:
I don't think atlatl stood around that long in Finland, considering they already have iron broad heads and all kind of bows tells me that they probably have forgotten it already. It is only the Aztecs and Australian aborigines that used it till the modern times if I'm not mistaken.
I did not do any research on this but slings should be around that time considering at least the northern tribes were animal herders all the populations that have done herding are known to use it. Modding the sling is actually pretty decent, primitive world mod is good I would also recommend it.

Homocommando:
Tamils also used atlatls until 19th century.
Some african, and filipino tribes use it to this day too. And I think eskimos use it for fishing as well.
Atlatls are even better than bow for hunting very big animals, and we do have in game a culture of strong hunters, who hunt big animals, so even if it didn't remain in real world Finland until this time period, it would make sense if it remained in UnReal world Finland.
Also atlatls surely do make much more sense, than bastard swords, for this time period.

trowftd:
Oh yes, of course the atlatl was better for hunting big animals. But after the mega animals have died off slowly, bow was able to creep up to the top over atlatl. Maybe iron age Finns used it for elk hunting or animals that are similar size I don't know about that one. The reason I said this was because the Finns were not living purely as hunter-gatherers, so it seems a lot rarer to see atlatls in settled societies.

But disregarding all that, I would be pretty hyped if I were to see atlatls added into the game. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version