Topic: Hardest things to find...  (Read 8749 times)

Tom H

« on: February 23, 2021, 07:25:06 PM »
With four characters that have traveled very widely, the hardest things to find have been an ango and a big bull. I find a lot of bulls but, so far, only a single big bull. The spear I've seen a few times but it was never up for trade. This scarcity seems to be across the board because none of my characters has found the spear and only one has ever seen a big bull.

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 08:17:01 PM »
Cabbages.

Haven’t seen any with over 20 characters. As far as I know, from news.txt, they have not been removed, just extremely rare. Only from foreign traders.

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 08:26:14 PM »
Cabbages.

I don't see this existing from file search.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JP_Finn

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 08:36:16 PM »
Drat. Must’ve been removed then. And I’ve missed it in news.txt (or it was omitted)

JP_Finn

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 07:24:29 AM »
Masterwork or even Fine skramasaksi are rare. Even finding decent ones are far and out on most of my world gens.

I don‘t recall seeing Fine ango, but the decent ones usually are available in the archipelago.

Plotinus

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 05:27:32 PM »
One of my characters got really lucky and got 2 superior angos as a quest reward (it was in a cave with treasure)

Tom H

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 05:27:40 PM »
Masterwork or even Fine skramasaksi are rare. Even finding decent ones are far and out on most of my world gens.

I don‘t recall seeing Fine ango, but the decent ones usually are available in the archipelago.

Aye, I should have put this one on my list, too I've found but a single Masterwork Skramasaksi, and that only recently.

miniarb9

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 05:12:45 PM »
 You are right I also face such issue but as far as I know, from news.txt, they have not been removed, just extremely rare. Only from foreign traders.

Matti-patti

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 10:36:03 AM »
Throwing axe. As far as I'm aware the only way to still get one of any quality in the recent versions is to start the game with the shelter scenario and have one laid down as one of the useful items before you.

Getting any of the cultural weapons in fine or better is indeed annoying. The only one's I'd count on are fine Northern Spear and maybe fine Northern Knife.

I'd actually suggest to:

Make northern settlements spawn occasional masterwork melee weapon, just like they currently do with bows. Their current weapon repertoire is pretty restricted already (northern spear, staves, tridents, northern knife, fisher's knife, handaxe and maybe regular knife and woodman's axe) so it shouldn't be a biggie.

Give Kaumo a similar weapon inventory as above, just replace the two Northern melee weapons with the Kaumo ones.

Add Ango and Skarmasaksi to regular repertoire of foreign traders. I have certainly not ever seen them carry any despite going through what must be several hundreds of them in recent (post Steam release) versions. Both weapons are clearly foreign in URW as they have loanword names (Angon and Scarmasaex).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 02:08:27 PM by Matti-patti »

JP_Finn

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 04:12:42 PM »
Scramasax / skramasaksi is actually a “väkipuukko” whilst originally imported, many were made in North too.
Kansallismuseo (National Museum, in Finland) has some samples, and there are some pretty obvious features and style passed to traditional Kauhavalaispuukko from some of the exhibits. (Guess that’s why Sami has the scramasax as Sartolais cultural item, west coast same as Kauhava)

Brygun

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2021, 08:38:36 AM »
True Love.

You can build, barter or mod for anything else but true love is only there when its true.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 08:43:43 AM by Brygun »

JP_Finn

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 06:37:14 AM »
@Matti-patti did you see Njerpez encounters post by @Edico
He reports to have found both ango and throwing axe on his extensive Njerpez camp purging.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 06:38:51 AM by JP_Finn »

Matti-patti

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2021, 12:38:36 PM »
@Matti-patti did you see Njerpez encounters post by @Edico
He reports to have found both ango and throwing axe on his extensive Njerpez camp purging.

Damn. And you only need to clear 40 camps for it. Now that you mentioned it, I think I have seen someone say they saw one in the Njerp slave starting scenario.

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2021, 07:42:17 AM »
try finding master work kamuo spears it doesnt help that the tribe is very poor in the first place

Matti-patti

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2021, 11:11:37 AM »
try finding master work kamuo spears it doesnt help that the tribe is very poor in the first place

Save for random loot from buried treasure, it's currently impossible to find masterwork:

Northern Knife
Northern Spear
Kaumolais Knife
Kaumolais Spear
Ango
Skramasaksi
Njerpetziläis Scimitar

I can't recall if regular scimitar belongs to stock of Driik and Reemi villages so that might also be impossible to find. There's also the throwing axe, but it's not really supposed to be in the game anymore. As you can see the best weapons for spear and knife users are not readily available at masterwork quality at the moment, which is rather annoying. My suggestion few posts above would largely correct this.