Topic: Severely wounded dogs, not eating.  (Read 3124 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: February 16, 2021, 09:30:20 PM »
When a dog gets wounded so it cannot stand, it stops eating.
Grievous, deep, wounds themselves do not stop dogs from eating, but losing ability to stand, stops them from eating.

They'll give 'happy look', but won't eat, even the food on the same tile: fresh, cooked and unspoiled, spoiled, bones. Nothing. When looked they'll show "Looks hungry".
They also won't bark in hunger, when unable to stand and hungry. As soon as they're able to stand, they'll beeline to closest edible item and devour it.

Tom H

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 01:40:33 PM »
That's not truly a bug, but an oddity of the game. A severely wounded dog will be described as 'fleeing', even as you drag it along on the leash because it's too wounded to walk. It will be described as 'hungry' and even 'starving' even as it refuses to eat the food it's offered. When it's so badly injured, you can just tie its leash to a tree and forget about it until it 'barks in hunger' to tell you it's back among the living. It won't be a bother until then!

Desertranger16

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 02:15:28 AM »
I know this is an old post, but I was searching this very matter. I can confirm that a grievously injured dog that is unable to walk is still unable to eat as of version 3.71. Glad to see that it's not just me, nor is it a fresh issue. 😆Hopefully they recover in time to not starve to death. 😜

anything