Topic: Putting Out Fires  (Read 3627 times)

SvenSvensson

« on: February 04, 2021, 04:59:37 PM »
Title. Currently, afaik, the only way to stop a fire from spreading along a fence or a wall is to deconstruct any wooden structures in the fire's path.

We should be able to put out fires by standing next to the fire with a container full of water, "a"->apply the tub/skin/etc. and have this either reduce the fire's size or put it out entirely, depending on how much water was in the container.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 03:57:27 AM »
You can kick fences down faster than you can deconstruct them.
Walls, no luck.
Zooming out, walking away and hoping for best works ok-ish too.

But yes, dousing with water would be nice. Applying shovel to cover low fires with sand (or wet dirt) would be welcome too.

raredragon

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 02:09:53 PM »
yes please, AND add confirmation before setting fire to a stack of items that contain non-burnable items. I lost a good lot of my stash because I accidentally set fire to it, I'm sure this has happened to more veteran players as well

ineedcords

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 06:28:33 PM »
You can kick fences down faster than you can deconstruct them.
Walls, no luck.
Zooming out, walking away and hoping for best works ok-ish too.

But yes, dousing with water would be nice. Applying shovel to cover low fires with sand (or wet dirt) would be welcome too.

I think I saw this in game NEWS.TXT earlier, and checking the file I see this:
- removed: possibility to kick down fences
        Old mechanism that wasn't needed nor working properly anymore since we've already got deconstruct option.
I have not tried it recently and do not know if it actually works or not. Have you kicked down any fence recently? Does it still work (despite NEWS.TXT entry)?
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 09:48:07 PM »
The post was on old version, back in February. Kicking fences doesn’t work anymore.

anything