Topic: Balance For Full-Body Armors?  (Read 5313 times)

rudy

« on: January 18, 2021, 07:50:08 PM »
Hi. I would love thoughts on the weight of these four "full body" armors for my magic mod. The goal would be:

* They are lighter than full coverage from that armor type would otherwise be, but not crazily-so.

* They are relatively balanced with regard to each other.

Appreciate any thoughts. :)

(Sacrifices will also be required, but I haven't put that in yet).

.Druid's Barkskin.   "Leather cuirass"      /1/   [effort:1] [phys:hands]
{[NEARBY_TILE:mountain]} +'Pray at the Shrine'
{Fire} +'Sacrificial Fire'
[WEIGHT:5]
[PRICE:0]
[ARMOUR_MATERIAL:birch-bark]
[ARMOUR_COVERAGE:skull face neck shoulder upper_arm elbow forearm hand thorax abdomen hip groin thigh knee calf foot]

.Druid's Woolskin.   "Leather cuirass"      /1/   [effort:1] [phys:hands]
[WEIGHT:8]
[ARMOUR_MATERIAL:wool]
[ARMOUR_COVERAGE:skull face neck shoulder upper_arm elbow forearm hand thorax abdomen hip groin thigh knee calf foot]

.Druid's Leatherskin.   "Leather cuirass"      /1/   [effort:1] [phys:hands]
[WEIGHT:13]

.Druid's Furskin.   "Leather cuirass"      /1/   [effort:1] [phys:hands]
[WEIGHT:16]
[ARMOUR_MATERIAL:fur]

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 09:27:56 PM »
.. they're magic ..

Like you said: They are under weight. ~20% or so.

Druids' Fur, Overcoat 14 lbs, Hood 1.2lbs, Mittens 1.2lbs, Footwear 3lbs (that doubles forearms with mittens&coat, but leaves knees bare) total weight: 19.4lbs, that's about 4lbs reduction.
Druid's wool 8lbs. Wool shirt/tunic is 5lbs and wool trousers 4lbs, the socks and mittens are pretty light. Vanilla doesn't have wool hood.

Unsolicited opinion: switching the Fur to fur shirt, and Wool to wool shirt from leather cuirass, would IMO be better, as you wouldn't be able to repair the wear of wool nor fur with piece of leather.

rudy

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 09:33:36 PM »
.. they're magic ..

Like you said: They are under weight. ~20% or so.

Druids' Fur, Overcoat 14 lbs, Hood 1.2lbs, Mittens 1.2lbs, Footwear 3lbs (that doubles forearms with mittens&coat, but leaves knees bare) total weight: 19.4lbs, that's about 4lbs reduction.
Druid's wool 8lbs. Wool shirt/tunic is 5lbs and wool trousers 4lbs, the socks and mittens are pretty light. Vanilla doesn't have wool hood.

Unsolicited opinion: switching the Fur to fur shirt, and Wool to wool shirt from leather cuirass, would IMO be better, as you wouldn't be able to repair the wear of wool nor fur with piece of leather.
Thanks for that!

I would have guessed that it was the armor_material setting which determined what it could be repaired by, no? Regardless, I will likely do what you suggest. The only reason I'd made them all the same to begin with is that there is no chest item for Birch-bark.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 10:34:13 PM »
What I've tested, armor_material only affects the Armor statistics calculations (Warmth, Blunt, Squeeze, Point, Edge and Tear)
Maybe I need to check again.

rudy

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 10:44:51 PM »
What I've tested, armor_material only affects the Armor statistics calculations (Warmth, Blunt, Squeeze, Point, Edge and Tear)
Maybe I need to check again.
No worries. There was no harm in my changing the base object for each, so I went ahead and did so.