Topic: Cozy Cave Mod  (Read 5072 times)

rudy

« on: January 13, 2021, 08:02:38 PM »
Hello,

I recently discovered that building floor/ceilings in your cave does not get rid of the snow!!! Who wants to live in a snowy cave?!

So I'm putting together what is essentially a graphical mod that puts down flooring. It works by creating a very heavy object (1200 pounds) that is then set on the floor with custom graphic. The most annoying thing is fitting custom pieces "around" the fireplace, and the fact that the flooring only shows on screen when it's in your line of sight.

Three questions:

1. Is anyone at all interested in this? If so, I will post it when finished.

2. Anyone know why the command [TILE:Inside of a building] does not work? I have that in the recipe, but currently it lets you build it anywhere. It's not a big deal, but ideally I'd like to limit the flooring to a space where the player has already finished their cave floor.

3. If anyone thinks they can do a better job with the coloration I would both be very grateful, and certainly co-credit you on anything I post. Current tiles attached if so.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 10:23:24 PM »
Also... a bigger task, would be to stop the wall gfx from displaying raining and snowing. That’s worse IMO than snowy floor. Especially if the cave has center pillar/wall.

rudy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 10:38:46 PM »
Pretty sure that's flatly impossible with current modding constraints.

It is possible to make the center wall removable, though, with a simple build recipe for steep cliff.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 10:46:07 PM »
I reported the underground rain as minor bug

Feel free to add to it the “snowy floor retained after building ceiling&floor over it.”