Topic: German Shepherd Dog Sprite  (Read 4645 times)

JohnDie

« on: January 08, 2022, 08:51:10 PM »
Hey all, working on a German Shepherd sprite change for the dog icon. I know it's obviously not possible for this breed to be in the setting, but I love my own GSD and seeing his likeness in game brings me joy.

Sharing it here in case anyone is interested in it. Let me know what you guys think!

jonottawa

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 02:08:36 AM »
Since you asked what I think ...

I don't like it when people try to introduce things that don't belong in the historical context of the game and then 'because reasons' it. I love this game because it tries to stay true to the actual history and isn't full of modern cultural 'pollution.' Every other game in existence is polluted by 21st century orthodoxy. Leave UrW alone!

But as it happens the sprite doesn't look anything like a German shepherd so it is fairly inoffensive.

JohnDie

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 05:04:25 AM »
Since you asked what I think ...

I don't like it when people try to introduce things that don't belong in the historical context of the game and then 'because reasons' it. I love this game because it tries to stay true to the actual history and isn't full of modern cultural 'pollution.' Every other game in existence is polluted by 21st century orthodoxy. Leave UrW alone!

But as it happens the sprite doesn't look anything like a German shepherd so it is fairly inoffensive.

It doesn't look like it, really? What do you think would make it look more so? I ask because maybe somebody else would like the sprite, and I wouldn't mind tweaking it a bit.

Also yes I agree 100% that it does not fit historically with the game, and that's why I mentioned it in the post.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 06:07:38 AM »
I like your sprite set, but I love my GSDs

To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.