UnRelated discussion > Off-topic

Ancient Savo : A new Enormous Elk game in the making

(1/4) > >>

Erkka:
Would you like to participate in the making of a new game by Enormous Elk?

The game is called Ancient Savo, and it is a peaceful simulation of a 1200 CE Finnish family who moves to live alone in the woods. Do slash and burn agriculture to grow crops. Hunt and fish. Try to survive hunger, cold, accidents and the scarcity or resources. And in case you accumulate some extra, go visit the annual market to barter for more and better tools. The timescale of the gameplay is weeks - you can see years rolling by, your children growing up, and forest re-taking abandoned fields. Instead of controlling a character you hover on a more abstract 'designer level', a bit like the old SimCity.

Estimated release: Autumn 2021, for PC, Mac and mobile devices

We run a small home-made crowdfunding campaign for January. Become a follower for free - join project Discord channel to read frequent development news. Or donate any sum to become a backer. Backers can participate in the discussion, and have an access to the early development-phase releases. The first development release is scheduled already for this January. (If or when you donate, remember to send Erkka a message at Discord, so that we can connect a donation with your Discord user account!)

During the development phase we will have quick and simple graphics, but graphics and UI will be improved once the simulation and game mechanics are up and running.

For more info see the campaign page

trowftd:
Nice! Because of the exchange rates and the fact that paypal is not working in my beautiful country ::), I probably won't be able to donate but I'll definitely look forward to its release and there is a high chance that I'll buy it. :)

Good luck with the game and development I hope it all goes well and easy for you.

Night:
Lot's of potential here, looking forward to seeing it progress. I can see the current design evolving several different ways, so it'll be interesting to see how you go about it :). Even a choice-based story line (or many) could work here and perform well.

ineedcords:
Wish you good luck with the project! Will keep an eye out for the first alpha/beta :)

Dynggyldai:
Sounds like fun! Isn't the Kaumo in UrW based on Savo?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version