UnReal World > Mod Releases

Player Questing by privateer v2.4

(1/7) > >>

Privateer:
 The Player Questing mod Ver. 2.4 (For URW v3.6)

Spoiler: show

This Mod utilizes the F1 key
 These quests utilize a 'token' system and the use of optional items to select 'which' quest
you want to do.

It's best to only apply one 'token' per selection else only the last selected will be given.
 Once you select a quest, go to inventory, valuables, the task item will be there.
Hit F1 on the item for quest details.

Completing the beginner quest(s) (free token) will grant items needed to produce the quest token.
Each beginner quest 'payment' is different and you need them all to get a quest token 'questing token'

What's in this mod:
Bird coops
Signs and Markers
Arrow quiver
Bees, honey and mead brewing
Brewing barrels and wooden mugs
Butter making
Questing for skill and profit

Here's a shot of the menus I'm working on right now.
also a brief explanation of the method I'm following.
Spoiler: show 

I've clipped a new short video that shows gameplay with this mod.. And of course my dog barking in the background >_<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQR5Z3BRSjc

//v 1.6 fixed missing menu file
//v 1.7 Switch to ownership of talisman to get quests
//v 1.8 Set initial rewards, with quest selection/item consumption resolved
//      Change beginner quests to simple gather jobs 2 at each location
//      Set original beg. quests to regular, set rewards for tasks
//v 1.9 Fixed missing removal of a beginners quest dialog 'item' on completion
//v 2.0 fixed Honey combs not being seen
//    fixed a name errors on beginners turn ins
//v 2.1 fixed egg and mushroom turn in reward naming
//v 2.2 Modified/confirmed (1) Adv. quest turn in,  quantity to assure proper completion.
//v 2.3 Fixed Sauna location typo(s), set proper 'Energy drink' turn in, Fixed skill misspelling
//v 2.4 Addition of roasting root vegetables in 2 lb. or less volumes.
//        Addition of carrot root vegetable to be implementation via quest reward.
//        Reset/verified the completion item and quest text for 'Energy drink' quest.

*Feedback appreciated*

Dungeon Smash:
I like the looks of this a lot.

Privateer:
Moving on Rewards now

rudy:
Just worked through one of the beginner quests with Privateer's help.

I like the use of F1 to give dialogue for quests very much.

There needs to be more clarity on quest directions, but Privateer is already aware and updating that.

The quest selection option is very clever too.

Overall, I think the quest menu system is more complex than it needs to be. I'd (personally) prefer a system where each quest had one associated item (that described the quest, and gave flavor to it), and one option to turn it in.

I don't think the turn-in need use overly complex mechanics, but can rely on the RP of the player. For instance, you could have a quest that told the player to go to a mountain top and bring a sacred wood. You would not be able to test in the recipe that they actually went to a mountaintop; that would be on the players. Simplifying the quest requirements to be more RP based would both make it easier to understand, and make the flexibility in what quests could be much broader.

Privateer:
 Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.
I appreciate others point of view to broaden my own thoughts and processes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version