Topic: Recipe [optional] with +/- % quality  (Read 790 times)


Brygun

« on: December 21, 2020, 08:01:27 PM »
I would be nice if in recipes for making crafts that optional items could give a chance for different quality which in turn can lead to a higher value by the fine/perfect modifiers

For example a decoration of headress with  leather on branches in the baseline, adding optional bones a +10% quality and adding optional feathers a +10% quality so together if both added a +20% quality so likely to bump it up a category


Sami

  • UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 950
  • Total likes: 2206
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 02:11:01 PM »
I would be nice if in recipes for making crafts that optional items could give a chance for different quality which in turn can lead to a higher value by the fine/perfect modifiers.

For example a decoration of headress with  leather on branches in the baseline, adding optional bones a +10% quality and adding optional feathers a +10% quality so together if both added a +20% quality so likely to bump it up a category.

We understand there are many crafting syntax ideas which can come up in modding, but in general we tweak and enchance the syntax foremostly based on the game’s need and the modding possibilities then follow. This idea might be something to explore deeper, if practical item applications are come across. However, for me a quality is a confusing word here and I think you meant bonus/minus to skill roll instead, which then in turn might result in better quality craft.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Brygun

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 04:17:53 PM »
Yes an adjustment to the skill of the user gives the same result.

The player could start the recipe with the minimum supplies yet could have better odds if they had more tools giving better odds of good results.

For example a sanding tool isn't mandatory for making a stool but does make it likely you could correct flaws giving better output.


Sami

  • UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 950
  • Total likes: 2206
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 02:54:23 PM »
Yes an adjustment to the skill of the user gives the same result.

The player could start the recipe with the minimum supplies yet could have better odds if they had more tools giving better odds of good results.

For example a sanding tool isn't mandatory for making a stool but does make it likely you could correct flaws giving better output.

This would have to come down to practical game world application if it's pondered further.
- Sami | UnReal World creator