Topic: Well icon for villages  (Read 5080 times)

Brygun

« on: December 09, 2020, 03:43:05 AM »
Arriving into an unfamiliar village in the winter I really am having trouble finding where the water tile is. This would be handy to drink from. The villagers have a source of water for themselves.

The use of a normal water tile means that with snow and ice it becomes blurred into the town. Even looking at a 5 x 5 centered around the "shelter" marker didn't find it.

It would be nice if we could have the village water tile as a well or barrel. That would also become a graphic we modders could access for the player's own stead.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 04:00:04 AM »
Previous Well Suggestion by @Ara D.

TL;dr; @Sami reckoned that asking for water hole location would be doable.

Like then, I do support for asking for the location and especially a graphic of well &/ shadoof.

Galgana

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 05:58:50 AM »
The Jakspack version 2.0 of the shaman mod has a selection of sprites for above-ground well structures. Until domestic water resources get in-game refinement, the next best thing is to insta-craft a well cover and push it onto a convenient puddle.

Brygun

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 11:21:42 AM »
Well that would be great if I could find the damn thing.

Tuukka is currently in thigh deep snow in a village and never found where the village's water hole is. He keeps dashing off to the shore or one of his fishing spots to drink and refill a travelling bowl.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 02:47:26 PM »
Arriving into an unfamiliar village in the winter I really am having trouble finding where the water tile is. This would be handy to drink from. The villagers have a source of water for themselves.

It would be nice if we could have the village water tile as a well or barrel. That would also become a graphic we modders could access for the player's own stead.

We'll be adding a way to ask the location of the village water supply. They hardly have wells, but the water supplies are more often springs.
- Sami | UnReal World creator