UnReal World > Mod Releases

[3.71] [3.63] URWSSSelector v1.0.3

(1/6) > >>

Night:
[3.71][3.63] URWSSSelector v1.0.3
(Start Spot Selector)

Simple mod that allows you to select your starting location with ease during character generation, simply start the program while unreal world is running and the starting location will follow your cursor. Map must not be zoomed in in order for co-ordinates to work properly. Right click to stop moving starting location and exit program.

Also make sure the game is in windowed mode while using this, fullscreen will cause issues when overlaying over URW. You can change it back to fullscreen afterwards of course.

Source included at bottom of thread if anyone is interested

Usage:

Instructions:

* Run program during map generation screen (Make sure map is zoomed out)
* Move cursor to desired starting location
* Right click, exits program and leaves starting location at cursor
* Middle scroll, changes search mode
* Middle click, opens custom tile filter UI
Modes: (Mouse-Scroll)

* Closest land - Closest land tile near your cursor
* Closest village/settlement - Closest village to your cursor
* Closest cave - Closest cave to your cursor
* Custom - Closest tiles selected from list
* High ground - Closest tile considered to be high ground
* Dense forest - Closest forest tile
Version History:

* v.1.0.3 10/21/21 - Updated to 3.70 stable; 3.71
* v.1.0.3 - Minor bug fix with custom search locations, updated for 3.70b beta.
* v1.0.2 - Added search modes, starting location tile information and selected mode now displayed in title bar, some performance upgrades.
* v1.0.1 - Made map detection automatic, Start location is now set to the closest land tile from your cursors location in order to avoid starting in water, game version checking added, overlay is now 'invisible' to the human eye (opacity = 1%), added edge detection for starting location to avoid starting in tiles considered to be non-movable (invisible map wall).
* v1.0.0 - Initial releasePlease report any bugs to me via this thread, my PMs, or contact me directly on steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nightipoo/

Download attached to thread.

Credits:
   Night - Creator/Programming.
   Enormous Elk - Unreal world.

Requires Microsoft .NET Version 4.6 or later. (Usually already installed)

Source for study: [v1.0.0], [v1.0.1], [v1.0.2]

Buoidda:
Wonderful!

But I have technical problems making the drag. The moment I left click, Urw window minimizes and focus changes to URWSSSelector.exe on taskbar.

EDIT: Not using fullscreen mode solved that.

This is great!!!! Thank you so much @Night!!!! You have made a huge contribution to the community.  ;D

Night:

--- Quote from: Buoidda on December 05, 2020, 11:36:22 AM ---Wonderful!

But I have technical problems making the drag. The moment I left click, Urw window minimizes and focus changes to URWSSSelector.exe on taskbar.

--- End quote ---

The focus should change, as you're actually clicking an overlayed window ontop of the game. I'm not sure why your game is minimizing though, if you're unable to find a solution I'll make a work around for it. I'll do some testing as well and see if I can reproduce it, I run the game in windowed mode if that helps.

If you do manage to get it working, once you've drawn the box and got the location where you want it you can just right click and it'll exit the program and leave the location where your cursor is.

--- Quote from: Buoidda on December 05, 2020, 11:36:22 AM ---EDIT: Not using fullscreen mode solved that.

This is great!!!! Thank you so much @Night!!!! You have made a huge contribution to the community.  ;D

--- End quote ---
edit:
Ah yes, as I suspected a window orientation problem :P I'll leave you to it and make a note in the OP ^^

Brygun:
My efforts to die survive in the island challenge are greatly enhanced!

Frostbit:
Looks great! I'll try it out next time I boot into Windows.

Sure will beat the hack around way I've been having to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version