Topic: ‘Taken’ tokens after village/settlement has lost all inhabitants.  (Read 4428 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: December 03, 2020, 06:35:17 AM »
One of my characters, Jori Kiesseläinen, is opportunistic. Not outright evil, but if there’s an old man alone with house, sauna and barn, without any roads; it was inevitable for the old man not to wake up one morning...

Picking up, and dropping down goods in the barn, they get marked taken and the marker doesn’t clear when items are dropped.
Yet, taking the goods of the abruptly deceased old man, do not get marked as taken

Expectation: no unpaid/taken tokens applied after village/settlement becomes uninhabited.

Related issue: site doesn’t seem to want to become ‘my settlement’, even after rebuilding parts of the existing buildings.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 06:46:51 AM by JP_Finn »

Buoidda

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 06:39:16 AM »
you have to take down all the buildings

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 06:44:59 AM »
I fail to follow the logic in that. I.e. no live residents: abandoned village/settlement. Set camp. Your settlement.

Seems odd that taking an abandoned sack of grain to village elsewhere as trade item is somehow “spirited-across-time—space” to be known to be taken... when there’s no owners to claim otherwise.

Labtop 215

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 07:50:52 PM »
I fail to follow the logic in that.

I do.  Destroying all the buildings marks the place as not a settlement anymore via the games logic.  Otherwise, the settlement still belongs to the original culture, even though it has no inhabitants.  It is possible that the residents may just simply be out hunting or doing whatever, so it doesn't become your settlement until you destroy all the buildings.  You can rebuild all the buildings afterwards, and in a different configuration even if you are inclined.

It will take a few days for the taken tag to clear from the items that previously belonged to the old settlement as well if the tag shows up.  However, I would be super careful about keeping those items separate, and not trading them for at least a few months in-game.  An invisible tag may persist for some time.  The tag should not carry over to items made from the stolen items however as is usually the case with games like these.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 04:15:15 PM »
I didn’t remove the buildings, but grinding grain in to a container resulted in the container and the flour to have (taken) tokens.
Baking bread from that flour created bread with (taken) as well.
After emptying the container, it retained the (taken) on it albeit being self made.

Dr.Hossa

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 06:18:13 PM »
Your Hands, defiled by your own cruel deeds, leave the stain of Evil and Atrocity.

Sacrifice humbly, supplicate for absolution and one day, so the great, merciful, holy Emperor will, maybe you shall be forgiven.

Burn all dwellings and temples of the heretics, the mutants, and the xenos. >:(

Logic... Violence and warfare compose the compelling logic of the Universe to follow
For the Emperor

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 06:18:25 AM »
Your Hands, defiled by your own cruel deeds, leave the stain of Evil and Atrocity.

Sacrifice humbly, supplicate for absolution and one day, so the great, merciful, holy Emperor will, maybe you shall be forgiven.

Burn all dwellings and temples of the heretics, the mutants, and the xenos. >:(

Logic... Violence and warfare compose the compelling logic of the Universe to follow
For the Emperor
Not sure how that relates to the actual BUG, but karmic justice* was served as Jori, met a Njerpez duo and at opening salvo, took an arrow to his thorax, fell unconscious, and never saw day-light again.

*the lone old man was sick, he was coughing up blood and trembling in his speech, barely could walk at all.  ::)

Dr.Hossa

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 12:35:26 PM »
*the lone old man was sick, he was coughing up blood and trembling in his speech, barely could walk at all.  ::)

As you seemingly have purged the galaxy of a deformed sick mutant(must have been Nurgle - let me guess: He was passive, but hard to kill. After touching him, your body would be marked with Chaos), the Great Emperor considered to forgive your soul.
He finally rewarded you with the highest honor a man could wish for:
By mercily freeing your soul of your polluted weak body and endowing you with a glorious death in battle in His name.
Your animus will contribute and be assimilated by his immeasurable intellect.

Sorry man, i got brainwashed by warhammer 40k when i was a kid ;D
My cryptic bullshit redundantly(as Buoidda already pointed out) tries to say that the buildings have to be taken down. But i dont see a bug since i guess it is intentional.
I think its not a big deal for dev's, because the game is just not meant to reward players, who slaughter whole villages, with immersion...
Maybe i gave you some, although obviously stupid lore. Would be funny to write a text like that into the graveyard.

It is like with many suggestions and complaints from our side: they got probably bigger stuff in mind...
Actually, thinking about it, i would consider it possible that the "taken-stain" could be some part of the spirit-karma mechanics. ???
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 12:44:04 PM by Dr.Hossa »

anything