Topic: HITCHCOCK BIRDS aka allow automatically ignoring birds during tasks  (Read 4409 times)

Buoidda

« on: November 28, 2020, 08:03:55 PM »
We all know that feeling when eager to get something done and... you see a bird.

And another...

And yet another...

On fourth bird you remember a certain cult classic horror movie...

Settings in the urw_ini.txt allow to automatically ignore animals/humans.

Please add a separate row for only birds, as automatically ignoring all animals isn't very useful.

Spoiler: from urw_ini.txt • show
// Tasks will be always aborted when you get hit or injured. In addition, these settings
// are used to prompt an abort when new creatures enter your view or turn hostile on you.
// There are separate settings for humans and animals.
//
// NO    - never prompt to abort if these creatures enter your view
// YES    - always prompt to abort task if these creatures enter your view
// HOSTILE - prompt to abort only if this kind of hostile creatures enter your view
[TASK_ABORT_ANIMALS:YES]
[TASK_ABORT_HUMANS:HOSTILE]
[TASK_ABORT_BIRDS:NO]      <-----------------   something like this would be greeeeaatt!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:21:44 AM by Buoidda »

Brygun

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 07:06:52 AM »
+1

Something we can set while playing. For instance I might want to usualy have it off but in a deseperate week turn it back on to catch more meat... as if I would hit it... unless I use the arrow mod from Bouddia or its BAC inclusion.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 10:05:40 PM »
We all know that feeling when eager to get something done and... you see a bird.
And another...
And yet another...
On fourth bird you remember a certain cult classic horror movie...
Settings in the urw_ini.txt allow to automatically ignore animals/humans.
Please add a separate row for only birds, as automatically ignoring all animals isn't very useful.

If they aren’t flying around in circles all the time this is quite a minor nuisance after all. During the task you should be mentioned of the same individual animal, bird or not, only once.
We might consider new setup options but I’ve got the feeling vast majority of the players aren’t bothered with this all that much.
- Sami | UnReal World creator