Topic: What's Going On In Your Unreal World?  (Read 200677 times)

Turbo

« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2021, 02:54:43 AM »
Just caught 11 Burbots at once in the lake next to my home. I just finished my smoker that morning as well, so the spirits clearly want to see me use it

JP_Finn

« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2021, 04:05:52 AM »
11 Burbots is an insane catch.
Never caught that many in URW.

Only time I’ve caught that much+ was last millennia. And spent about 7h on ice.
Smoked burbot has never been my favorite, much prefer lightly coated with rye flour and pan fried in butter.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 06:41:33 AM by JP_Finn »

rudy

« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2021, 10:55:32 PM »
I finally finished the grand "Inn" for my elaborate trading post / outpost.

I think I may be playing the wrong game sometimes, but I haven't found a better one =D

JP_Finn

« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2021, 04:17:46 AM »
No way. Exactly right game. Just need to put in a suggestion for ability to lodge some visitors. Stay a night, get a cut of elk with flatty (rye or barley, lakereed or bogbean if harvest was poor.)
Hire that chatty and energetic maiden from nearby village to run the “front desk” and that simple, yet courteous, tribesman to serve dinner and buzz the tables after.

rudy

« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2021, 05:15:46 AM »
Well, the unthinkable has happened in my main settlement trading post...

I'm getting warnings on reaching the item limit! O.O

Tom H

« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2021, 06:50:37 AM »
Have not hit any limit warnings or problems yet. Anticipating the problem, though, I dug a cellar on a one-square island in some rapids and moved a great deal of my most valuable tools, weapons, and furs there.

Likewise, At a day's distance is my first settlement with a split of my possessions, the rest being at a large, fenced-in fishing camp on an island that is approachable through rapids at 5 different points when winter freezes over.

rudy

« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2021, 04:30:23 PM »
It is actually quite difficult to reach the item limit. I'm a *ridiculous* hoarder, and I'm trying to build a village (a creepy ghost village with no one living there, granted...)

I solved the issue by moving my main hoarding building about twenty spaces west, which put it in the next square, and moving some of my many fields north, also to the next (different from the first) square.

paulkorotoon

« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2021, 04:33:53 PM »
I finally finished the grand "Inn" for my elaborate trading post / outpost.

Wow, looks great!

I'm trying to build a village (a creepy ghost village with no one living there, granted...)

Pal, you've really got a spirit. I'm recalling how long it has taken to build just a single big house for my character, and I feel proud of you.
Biggest Russian UrW fan

paulkorotoon

« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2021, 01:09:56 PM »
So, after a pretty long pause I started a new Owl-tribe huntress character (like usual, hehe). Found a nice place to live for a month or two in order to gather meat and furs and stuff supply before starting to wander around the world. A couple weeks later spotted wolf tracks nearby, set a trap. The next day a wolf got into it, and I hurried to kill it. But I forgot about an important fact... a wolf is never alone.

Spoiler: Screenshot • show
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 01:17:42 PM by paulkorotoon »
Biggest Russian UrW fan

paulkorotoon

« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2021, 01:15:50 PM »
Another try. No food, no luck, 15% starved. Felt so desperate that killed and butchered an innocent adventurer.

Spoiler: MMMM TASTY • show

That was so good... But spirits punished Fjari with madness for her misdeed, and a couple days later she killed herself.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 01:18:09 PM by paulkorotoon »
Biggest Russian UrW fan

JP_Finn

« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2021, 09:41:20 PM »
Patrolling the woods for invaders, keep finding the warriors on decent frequency.

JP_Finn

« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2021, 09:43:37 PM »
"He used to be a warrior, then he took an arrow to the knee".. or neck.

JP_Finn

« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2021, 09:45:10 PM »
Must be doing something right, as the Old Man has never been this generous to any of the ancestors.

Tom H

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2021, 07:18:13 PM »
Contrariwise, I recently sought out the Forest spirit again with my oldest character and, though I was told he was happy he told me that the trails would not open to me anymore and there would be no game. I think that's his way of saying 'Don't get greedy!'.

Tom H

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2021, 07:31:56 PM »
3 Njerp vs me and five dogs. Lost two dogs, two superior arrows and I took an ax to the eye. These Njerp groups have certainly made the Unreal World seem more precarious. They all had bastard swords so I can replace the dogs without cost, but, it's going to require some travel.

anything