UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Is it a bug if I walked to free, uninjured hare and kicked it?

(1/3) > >>

Buoidda:
It was moving pretty slow, and my character isn't an olympic sprinter either.  :o

JP_Finn:
Maybe it was busy dreaming of bunny girls..?  :P

If you have the save game, send it for Sami.
I don't think bunnies should stay put or let others walk to them. Get close-ish if in cover, just incase the threat, won't spot him/her. If too close, then bolt off.

Buoidda:

--- Quote from: JP_Finn on October 25, 2020, 11:30:27 PM ---Maybe it was busy dreaming of bunny girls..?  :P

--- End quote ---

lol don't we all. I'm not going to bother my namesake unless this is worth looking into for sure.

Does anyone know if animal individuals have varying levels of spotting abilities? Was it blind-deaf?

Also, I have a feeling this is related to a thing I've been suspecting for a while now:
Animals that don't see you; they spot you more easily if you move while hiding than if just walking.

What do you people think?

trowftd:

--- Quote ---Also, I have a feeling this is related to a thing I've been suspicious about before:
Animals that don't see you; they spot you more easily if you move while hiding than if just walking.

What do you people think?

--- End quote ---

This is interesting. I've struggled a lot with sneaking up to animals. You can't really spot&stalk in this game as far as I played. It is more about chase&tire style hunting.

Edit: Whoops I should read the title first

JP_Finn:
Spot and stalk works for game you can spot at distance. Hares in undergrowth are nigh invisible.

IRL: If not for my dog, I’d walked by the bunny within 15’ (5m) just on Sunday morning. But, she sniffed up the bunny, it bolted up, I let loose the top barrel and the bunny didn’t make it more than a foot (30cm). Anyway, we were out for quails, and the bunny was unintentional target of opportunity.

OTOH, when bow hunting large game, you can spot/glass them at decent distance. Then the challenge is to stay hidden and under wind the entire approach. Unreal World terrain is rarely undulating enough as real world terrains are. And while there’s plenty or spruces and birches in-game to block the view, we don’t have any real cover from shrubs.
And there’s no indication of wind direction.  Most wild animals have exceptional sense of smell, but it doesn’t help for threats down-wind.

Also, in-game view is too constricted, even at max zoom out. Popping head above a hill crest, I can see for several hundred, even thousand+ yards/meters, yet in-game the view is just some tens of yard/meters at most.

(Yes, yet another Suggestion at some point. Just don’t want to bug devs too much)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version