UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Building a fireplace outside of a house

(1/3) > >>

paulkorotoon:
So, recently I've got an idea of how to build a nice fireplace in my courtyard, and all of a sudden it worked.

Here's howto:
1. Build a corner, two walls and a ceiling.
2. Build a fireplace.
3. Deconstruct the walls.

Can't say for sure though if this doesn't break something. Has anyone tried this before?

paulkorotoon:
Well, I can't smoke meat and don't get warm if not standing close to the fireplace, so I guess everything works fine. Two corners and a wall in between are enough for building ceiling too.

JP_Finn:
You can also build roof and floor on the side of middle tile of 3 consecutive wall sections.

Not that corner/straight wall section building requirements would be different from each.

If you do the outdoor fireplace, I’d make it 2 “indoor tiles”, then you can sleep, covered from rain&snowfall, next to fireplace.

JP_Finn:
Ona similar note, I usually build a “porch”: roof&floor, outside the cabin. With a table, usually tile or 2 from the door. Right under a shutter. So after tanning a hide, outdoors (as tanning is stinky business), my character can throw the fur/leather on the workbench table on the other side of the shutter. That’s  of course a separate table from the dining table.

Dr.Hossa:
Nice!

Does it also warm you up when the fire ran out and embers are glowing?

Also quite cool idea with that porch, love that.

goin' to copy your playstyle shamelessly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version