Topic: Finding my arrows  (Read 11918 times)

PALU

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 02:26:16 PM »
I'm used to imagine Njerpez are hunting for slaves.
Killing your would be slaves makes for a very poor success rate...

paulkorotoon

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 05:27:40 PM »
Killing your would be slaves makes for a very poor success rate...
Speaking about UrW's lore, I guess the ‘‘Runaway Slave’’ scenario hints that Njerpez do enslave people. It's a bit of a pity they don't do it in gameplay, but hey, that's what imagination is for, I think.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 05:39:06 PM by paulkorotoon »
Biggest Russian UrW fan

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2020, 07:50:01 AM »
Maybe Sami could code in Njerpez knocking out the character instead of always going for the kill. And unlike robbers, character would wake up in far south east of the game world map with all (carried) belongings missing and wearing poor condition ragged clothes only.

(additional voluntary challenge: how many times can one get enslaved by Njerpez AND raze their camp?)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2020, 09:13:04 PM »
I pray to the URW Gods on High for a spell and a device (divining rod) and an animal companion command (fetch) to retrieve arrows I shot that landed off in the distance. I love my broadhead arrows and it pains me to think of them lost and alone in the wild, orphaned from all that is good and kind.

and an animal, three "an" in a row

Hehe, it’s refreshing start in this post :)

It’s archer’s life to spend a lot of time walking around finding their arrows. In the game and in real-life too. Most don’t find it all too fun, but I reckon it adds something to archery in the game too as the shots with precious arrows need more consideration. Will I find it if I shoot now?
Having the dogs as arrow fetchers feels too gamey addition for me.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

jonottawa

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2020, 05:31:03 AM »
Fighting Njerp warriors are likely to make you both rich AND dead, unless you quit while on top, and even then a chance encounter will probably be the end if nothing else has claimed you before that.

What motivated the Njerps?
Perhaps someone misused a pronoun, or forgot to wear their face diaper, or honored their ancestors, or didn't hate their own people enough to suit the Njerp. Hard to say.

Brygun

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2020, 06:04:16 AM »
One moderate thing is that I've had luck with arrows going less far if I was shooting down hill at a target. The arrows seem to hit the ground naturally somewhere close by.

Also, arrows float so firing with a backdrop of water means a little boating/swimming might well find the arrow.

When training at have a backdrop of something to hit, typically one wall of your home becomes the designated pin cushion.

Losing arrows is one of the aspects of UrW I do accept though.

Privateer

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2020, 06:52:42 AM »
The lost arrows are inevitable.. so sad, all alone in the woods.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2020, 10:02:43 AM »
The lost arrows are inevitable.. so sad, all alone in the woods.

Alone? Ha! Never alone... if you rove at any decent frequency... at times it feels like I’m leaving arrow-seeds in the undergrowth.

Brygun

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2020, 11:25:38 PM »
Alone? Ha! Never alone... if you rove at any decent frequency... at times it feels like I’m leaving arrow-seeds in the undergrowth.

We give back iron of knives to the bog from whence ore comes and we give back the wood of arrows back to the forest. It is a respect for the cycle of life to lose arrows.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2021, 01:22:38 AM »
It's also the aluminum ones that might go back to the spirits...

Brygun

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2021, 01:38:55 AM »
The Great Earth Spirit Al of the Iums thanks you the recognition.