Topic: New fire mechanics?  (Read 3051 times)

aswarola8

« on: September 23, 2020, 08:04:14 PM »
With the new fire mechanics it's seems much harder to keep warm, specifically burnt out fires don't seem to give any warmth unless they're still glowing. Is that consistent with your alls experience with the new mechanics too? Seems like "the challenge" is now MUCH harder.

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 08:21:21 AM »
The challenge is much harder, but it's still possible to complete it (I've done so) -- you just need to light an entire log on fire when you find one if you're getting chilly. Before, the challenge was too easy, you could light 27 branches on fire (in a 3 by 3 pattern with 3 branches in each pile) and stay sweaty for 3 days, which was unrealistic.

skyleaf

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 11:55:37 AM »
I answered this post earlier in reddit and I really doubt if this is a spam bot again, considering the suspicious links on the signature. 

Erkka

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 12:17:31 PM »
I answered this post earlier in reddit and I really doubt if this is a spam bot again, considering the suspicious links on the signature.

OK, removed the account.
What I like in our current anti-spam procedure is that most of it runs invisibly, causing no extra steps for a human user. But the downside is that the anti-spam rules aren't always 100% up to date, so every now and then a spambot manages to sneak through the defences.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo