Topic: [3.63] Ghost-Spruces in the forest  (Read 9567 times)

user1805

« on: September 06, 2020, 09:07:11 PM »
as seen in the pic: willow grouse cut hits a spruce where is a dog.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 04:11:03 PM by Sami »

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 06:51:46 AM »
maybe there is a spruce sapling there, you can share a tile with those. what happens if you walk into it and press :? What happens if you try to chop it down?

user1805

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »
There is nothiong on that tile but a dog, I checked it several times, and if you have looked well at the picture you would also have seen it. I really like people who just try to slap off something by a half-baked assertion or speculation.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 07:16:30 PM »
There is nothiong on that tile but a dog, I checked it several times, and if you have looked well at the picture you would also have seen it. I really like people who just try to slap off something by a half-baked assertion or speculation.

Given there are 3 dogs of which 2 are partially or mostly covered by trees; we can’t know which of the 3 dogs is Xana. With limited information provided, the only recourse is to speculate or assume.  I.e. asking if there’s a spruce sapling behind the pine, the tile of the southernmost dog; there’s no offense, but hostility can be sensed on another post...

user1805

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »
My pleasure to explain it to you in a different way JP-Finn: How many spruce do you see on the picture?

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 08:04:57 PM »
I can’t see through the pine, that’s masking the 2 closest dogs. Is there a spruce sapling behind it?

Tom H

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 08:14:43 PM »
I daresay the solution to your puzzlement lies in the statement, "You fail to deliver a steady throw", not with the location of the dogs pictured. 

user1805

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 08:18:50 PM »

Who can read has a clear advantage :)

Normally I  dont quote myself, but foryou I make an exception ;)

Tom H

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 11:03:23 PM »

Who can read has a clear advantage :)

Normally I  dont quote myself, but foryou I make an exception ;)

The point is that it doesn't matter where the dog is because you MISSED when you threw it. Next to the mentioned spruce is where it actually landed.

user1805

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 10:27:52 AM »
"The point is that it doesn't matter where the dog is because you MISSED when you threw it. Next to the mentioned spruce is where it actually landed."

No dear, (1) you cannot miss to feed a dog from one tile away. Didnt you ever recognize that. (2) Still you did not recognize that there is no spruce near any of the dogs. (3) Then you mention that there are several dogs and you cannot know which one is the target? Be seriouis. (4) You suppose you cant see a spruce sapling behind a pine tree. Check it out, You can. The number of your posts tells me that you know that all exactly but you only do not like that there is that bug and then you find a lot of provocating accuses.

" [...] there’s no offense, but hostility can be sensed on another post..."

Beginning from here I'll give you a few examples what is hostility in some other posts, even if it is not possible to mention all of the newest ones:

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5647.msg14802#msg14802
supposing I did not watch out or Im fooling around. Similar to this thread. There are also some people who just have to comment everything wether they have an idea of it or not what alone is an annoyment.

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5727.msg15201#msg15201
Member answers here only to accuse me I was not honoring his idol as he would do. Sorry but your little buddhas are not automatically my little buddhas. But he was obviouly completely uninterested in the actual topic as he does not contribute anything but only wants to piss me off.

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5727.msg15207#msg15207
Same here.

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5727.msg15258#msg15258
Same here, AND aditionally justifies tribes from hundreds of years ago instead of contributing to the topic, what brings up new quarrels with another member in the thread as you can easily see.

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5727.msg15279#msg15279
Then here member Dark-Art and Erkka starting to speculate wildest style in several long posts about what I was thinking, feeling, intending. Their speculation is unhonorable and unpolite and by 98% nonsens. If they want know what I'm thinking why dont they ask me. Shame on you.

Further in that thread i would have expected that Erkka just clearly apologizes to the other member that Dark-Art justfied some tribes from long ago. Instead of of discussing and try to defend the position of Dark-Art, a short and clear apologize would have been appropriate.

The list would be just endless, typical style is that hordes of "honorary" and less honorary members attack someone like a wolf pack if he does not like to give up his position and the admin instead of balancing put oil in the fire. One example is the following, maybe not the best one but good enough and in a typical style:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=4581.0

And know what: When v3.63 was out I thought let me take the payment version as the idea of that game is good and there are some new things, let me support it. Thats when I find that the version is not tested well and fully buggy. Really crappy work. I dont only have to bear naughty forum members, pay the version, see that my proposals and topics are just pissed off BUT Im also the cheapest game tester the world ever has seen. From here I begin to understand why Im counted as fooling around.

trowftd

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 11:27:41 AM »
Then why is it that you can put a list of people being hostile to you and I can't? Somebody tries to find a reason to your bug and you write "I don't want half-assed assumptions tossed around.". You don't need to write this way.

I don't know if this is really your intention or just the way you type,but it comes up very rude and hostile. I think you are the only person who put up a list of people being "hostile" to you in the forum. If it stinks everywhere you go, maybe check under your shoes... Just a tip.

user1805

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2020, 12:46:42 PM »
As also the last time I saw your comment, then also here you have no argument, and if you have a list you offerd, why dont you show it.

Thats when I recognize all of your meaning is just helpless polemic that should cover you lack of arguments.

Plotinus

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2020, 12:49:26 PM »
Spruce saplings can be invisible if there's a pine tree in front of them, so you wouldn't see it was there unless you tried to gathered branches from the tile or [l]ooked at it with the l key. And I've just tested it: if i throw rocks a a spruce sapling, it says "young spruce" instead of spruce sapling.

I also went and found an invisible spruce sapling in my own game:

But it's really there, if I chop down the pine just south of it, it'll be revealed.

You did find a real bug though, the message should be that it hits a spruce sapling, and the dog should eat it.

trowftd

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2020, 01:00:46 PM »
If you were to read my second message in that topic you would understand my point. My point is, this forum is not full of people, this is a small community. To me, it is so weird to see someone replying to most people like that.

And the point I was trying to make in the message I wrote just above, is that yes I don't have a list like that because I don't say the devs don't know history of their own country just because I misunderstood the patch notes.

It is not about protecting the devs, they can very well defend their game and their decisions, it is about coming to a forum of a very niche game where the consistent posters are not that much, and asking them a question and saying that their assumption is half-assed.
I fully see that this is not "just your way of communicating" right now, I won't reply to your messages from now on and I probably guess that you will also do the same.

Plotinus

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2020, 01:11:43 PM »
Also, about "Honorary Lifetime Supporter", it just means we paid a certain amount of money for the game. It doesn't mean we're better or worse members of the community than anybody else, just that at one point in time we were able to afford to support the game financially.

It used to be that the game had a free demo version where your character would always die after 10 days, or you could purchase a single version for a small amount of money, or you could purchase all future versions for a larger amount of money. Those of us who purchased all future versions were called "Lifetime supporters". Later, the game switched to a different pricing model and it came out on Steam and your characters don't die at 10 days old even if you never pay anything, so "Lifetime supporter" doesn't really exist anymore and the word "honorary" was added to show that "if lifetime supporters still existed, this person would be considered one of them".

The label means nothing about the quality of our postings or our value to the community, though I suppose you can say that those of us who care a lot about this game -- in my case it is the only game I have ever paid for -- have spent a lot of time caring about it and learning about it and finding out about how its mechanics work. We view bughunting as a community activity, we try to pin down the mechanism of the bug and see if we can reproduce it ourselves. Bugs that can be reproduced are easier to fix.

When we engage like this with you, you feel attacked.

anything