Topic: [not a bug] Unfindable "Cliff" Quest Treasure  (Read 5692 times)

« on: June 05, 2021, 07:03:42 PM »
I've read all the posts on here on reddit on this quest (including one person who screenshotted what a "ravine" looks like, so I have a sense of what I'm looking for). I spent about a month in-game time searching, and the region in question only has about 7-8 hill or mountain tiles that would have cliffs in them, and I cannot find it. I know there was a map maintenance issue that may or may not have removed it sometimes (so that's why I'm posting here under "bugs"). And I guess this quest treasure perhaps an NPC can carry away (so maybe not finding it sometimes is supposed to be part of the game), but just uploading if it's worth investigating. I'm also at this point curious, like "did I miss it in all that time I spent searching" so if someone does find it, feel free to tell me where it is. Savegame: https://morris.cloud/files/CHAEGHAL.zip
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 04:26:43 PM by JP_Finn »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 06:33:21 AM »
Adding the F2 Quest entry would help too (it’s in the save game, but pretty often, the issue isn’t a bug, but misunderstanding on the location)

Plotinus

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 08:12:32 AM »
I found it! It's at 07DE0495. Right now, you're standing at 077B0403. The easiest way to find it is this: go to the southeast corner of Muttivara, the spot where if you would go 1 more tile east you'd be in kutulaja instead or if you would go one more tile south you would be in kalmomettä.

Now: go west 1 tile and north 10 tiles. You will find a cliff tile, zoom in and it's right there  near the center of the tile.

It'll always be in a cliff tile, not a hill tile or mountain tile.

Plotinus

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 08:15:15 AM »

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 09:50:41 PM »
Thanks Plotinus! My initial reading was "oh this will be a cliff tile", because after all that's what he says, but then other posters made it seem like sometimes it was on a mountain or hill, and I certainly  wasn't expecting there to be a cliff all by itself in the middle of a forest! Sure does blend in. Anyway, curiosity satisfied.

anything