Topic: IF you could see any mod created, what would it be?  (Read 7294 times)

Sloomingbla

« on: August 21, 2020, 09:06:22 PM »
Without limitations, things that would be fun to have in game that wouldn't necessarily be fun for everyone or true to the current design.

Personally, I really enjoy the idea of demons, and the related things that could spawn/trigger them.

Imagine rare haunted forest tiles, filled with plenty of "ghost" game. Attacking one of the game successfully triggers a message "x passed through the animal without an effect..". Ghostly npcs that stalk the player, filling you with dread. Strange noises.

Perhaps when the user is close to escaping the forest you could pass out and end up back in the center again, or in a forest far away. Would become a lost adventurer yourself then!

Imagine needing to keep an area lit if in the presence of demons, to prevent any one from attacking you. Strange, mystical curses and effects that would need to be lifted through rituals. Perhaps even demons that "possess" the player, and bring you both strengths and weaknesses (eg, becoming incredibly good at combat, but only able to eat human flesh, or incapable of eating meat, or constantly attracting danger.. many possibilities here.) Demons and gods that you could choose to worship that bring such effects. Rituals to banish or even summon demons. Possessed animals that attack ferociously. Quests given by npcs to banish the demons from their lands. Ect.

The list goes on ;D

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 05:49:35 AM »
Without limitations?

I’d LOVE to see a mod to give us ‘Far North’ in 1700-1800, akin to “Seven Brothers”

Still survival, but give us gunpowder and flintlocks. Add the Church mandating literacy learning. Or escape in to the backwoods from it all. And for non-Christian types, still retain the old beliefs.

paulkorotoon

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »
I believe some kind of mod installer would be really appreciated. A program that backups original files, merges what should be merged and provides enabling/disabling mods in an easy way.
Biggest Russian UrW fan

Dr.Hossa

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 01:21:44 PM »
yeah, i think there should be a library for valid parameters. For example, i dont know how i can look up the correct code description for some tiles or even items.

I took almost an hour to find out my mistake when digging clay didnt work: the game doesnt know any "hole in the ground" anymore(I used old mod code for blueprint). i randomly typed "pit" and it worked. but that was just lucky and i dont know where to look it up.

BUT i think me and paul miss the topic a little.

I would love to see the spirit world more... alive. For example more Rituals, little spells, perhaps enchanting stuff.
long time ago a had this idea:

Graves...
burial mounds with treasures("tumulus", "dolmen") for pleasing the spirits when somebody dies.
Or, for big time-annoying them: Robbing a grave! Would really contribute to the spiritual-fantasy gameplay.
Possibility to bury objects of value or food together with the dead, depending on the individuum's profession/way of dying/culture.

Be punished by the spirits, if you don't do a funeral;
A LOT if you rob a grave! but you can get out of it after a long time of pleasing the spirits again.
Graves also should be generated randomly and seldomly.

But i would hate the game for becoming some kind of sword & horse fantasy.
I think the biggest appeal of this fantasy elements are those indirect, foggy effects. This is what i love.
Seeing a shaman hurling a fireball at enemies would make me quit.

Demons, yes. But not like horned creatures that attack, but perhaps like possessed animals.
Especially if the character hadnt been concerned with pleasing spirits:
A bull elk randomly goes crazy on you; you wake up surrounded by snakes in your own yard; crows stealing random stuff from you unless you feed them some seeds and please the spirits.

You'd say without limitations! ;)

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 06:46:48 PM »
 For me the mod (other than mead) that I've always wanted to make is a "Living Skill" mod. Along the lines of what Simon did with "Shaman".

So the Mod addition I have wanted for the longest time is the ability to 'detect' NPCs in recipes.
This would open the mod world to interacting with NPC world.
Needing to find a Shaman to make x.
Working with a craftsman to gain the ability to craft x.
Learning from an old woman a great recipe for x.
Gain special items by meeting with Vagabonds, woodsmen or Adventurers.
It would allow you to sheer a sheep, because you have a sheep.

NPC detection in recipes pls.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Privateer

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 09:44:12 PM »
I believe some kind of mod installer would be really appreciated. A program that backups original files, merges what should be merged and provides enabling/disabling mods in an easy way.

If you are on Windows I think urwml still works. It's the only 'external' I've seen/used to manage multiple mods while segregating  their files and allowing easy swapping.

Note: Posted here https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=67.0
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

wolfman00

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 02:43:03 AM »
I would love to be able to modify animals and NPC's (create monsters). I would love to try this out with a Middle Earth spin, orcs, trolls, dragons, etc. :)

Bert Preast

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 04:24:54 PM »
I think URW would lend itself very well to a prehistoric mod.  I often play it like this anyway, restricting myself to clubs and stone axes and ignoring agriculture and metalwork etc..  What would be great would be hunting megafauna; mammoths, cave lions, auroch, giant elk etc.. 

As I understand it, it's not possible to mod in new creatures which is a shame.  Maybe Sami could provide some creature templates which modders could use, that way I could get my megafauna and also the posters above could have their orcs and demons and so on. 

Privateer

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 07:47:56 PM »
I think URW would lend itself very well to a prehistoric mod.

I've thought this as well..
   My dreams of

May someday be reality
Mods:

Brygun

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 07:02:58 AM »
Although less a setting a thing I've always hoped for:

= multiple recipes for the same output

= Iron working included in the base game

= Water craft floatation based on its displacement not a multiple on a craft's weight. A log weigh 400 so carried Y*400. A dug out canoe is a hollowed out log that weight 200 but now floats, counting its own weight, (Y*400+200)

>>>>

Setting wise...

Alot has been coming along with NPCs being more useful.

Maybe seeing the game getting to the family and generation thing. Where if your character dies you take over a child. Even if not that getting to have a spouse and raise children is a whole new level of survival and trading.

Brygun

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 08:10:58 PM »
Without limitations?

I’d LOVE to see a mod to give us ‘Far North’ in 1700-1800, akin to “Seven Brothers”

Still survival, but give us gunpowder and flintlocks. Add the Church mandating literacy learning. Or escape in to the backwoods from it all. And for non-Christian types, still retain the old beliefs.

As a Canadian I also wish for something in the pioneer era. With or without indigenous. There were positive interactions though these days the is a lot of excess narrative of the negatives. "The Backwoods of Canada" has a first hand positive account of a pioneer family trading with a nomadic indigenous family trading blankets and pots for freshly hunted meat.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 05:22:27 AM »
Without limitations?

As a Canadian I also wish for something in the pioneer era. With or without indigenous. There were positive interactions though these days the is a lot of excess narrative of the negatives. "The Backwoods of Canada" has a first hand positive account of a pioneer family trading with a nomadic indigenous family trading blankets and pots for freshly hunted meat.
Ah, but in UnReal World the indigenous tribes are: Kuikka-, Owl-& Seal-tribes.
With NPC modding it shouldn’t be too hard to add Algonquin and the rest of the east coast natives.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 06:09:43 AM by JP_Finn »