Topic: [3.63] Arrows drown in water?  (Read 4684 times)

user1805

« on: July 20, 2020, 11:13:41 PM »
I'm not sure if it is a bug or intended.

But if intended im not sure if an 80 cm stick of wood drowns in water because of a small stone tip. What i can think of is that the arrows could disappear in a river or even more in rapids but not so much in a lake?

PALU

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 08:33:11 AM »
I'm not sure what the issue is. Do you say that your arrows sink? If that's the case it's not something I've seen (not sure if I've had any arrows land in water in 3.63, though), and it's not something that's been mentioned in the release notes.

If your arrows disappear, do all of the ones hitting the water sink, or is it only some of them (the logic for breaking on impact was changed to keep the broken arrow when hitting an animal, rather than disappearing, so something might have gone wrong there, somehow).

user1805

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 01:55:00 PM »
Maybe its different:

As i see now, the reference to water was caused by coincidence probably.

Maybe the cause of the lost arrows is when they fly out of sight. In the new case about ten arrows were lost when i shot a trapped animal from close distance. Can say by good conscience that i never experienced, not to find any of more than ten arrows in a completely open area (here: open mire and lake). I guess its still a bug anyway. Only if its been confirmed to be like this the subject has to be changed.

I checked to shoot them on the ground about three tiles from me when they did not disappear.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 02:38:56 PM »
Arrows can travel very far over open terrain, which means it can be hard to find them again, but that doesn't cause them to disappear. It's not unusual for me to find arrows much later when I happen to be on the zoomed in map where the arrow actually landed. Dispersion also ensures they won't land in a neat pile, but rather spread out over a large area.

user1805

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 03:33:10 PM »
Arrows can travel very far over open terrain, which means it can be hard to find them again, but that doesn't cause them to disappear. It's not unusual for me to find arrows much later when I happen to be on the zoomed in map where the arrow actually landed. Dispersion also ensures they won't land in a neat pile, but rather spread out over a large area.

What you telling me i know since i began this game. Its what everyone experiences the first days playing. When im telling here is something different than before you think its foolish?

Plotinus

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 04:18:03 PM »
I tried this out aiming an arrow 1 tile away from me in the water and the arrow did not sink

user1805

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 04:31:36 PM »
I tried this out aiming an arrow 1 tile away from me in the water and the arrow did not sink

Did you read the 3rd post (my 2nd) in this thread?

Plotinus

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 04:46:03 PM »
yeah, but I misunderstood it the first time I read it, sorry.

user1805

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 05:11:53 PM »
Again;

> it was wide open area (open mire), easy to be checked and i checked each part of the map in the direction where the arrows went. There was nothing.
> the arrows went on flat ground on a near target on the flat ground (trapped bear). Those arrows dont fly really far normally. The situation *PALU ment is i.e. shooting uphill or downhill from mountains; shooting at birds in flight; which were not the case.
> even in the lake-case but also in the open-mire-case i heard the arrows splashing the water surface. Normally one does not hear that when the arrows went far.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 07:27:53 PM »
I might’ve missed it above, but throwing anything in water at mire is treated as sacrifice.

Folklore even suggests of disposing of corpses, by dumping them into a mire.