Topic: [3.63 - Steam] Force transaction?  (Read 3089 times)

skyleaf

« on: August 17, 2020, 09:15:14 AM »
Enter a village I previously visited, chat with a villager, decide to window shopping for a while.
At the same time as I move forward, another villager shouts and ask me to pay before I leave. The chatting interface appear and they request me to pay for 12 blunt arrows that I never touched (at least at that moment I haven't have a chance to touch, can't remember if I ever interacted with these arrows in previous visits). Paid, and found those blunt arrows laying on the floor inside one of the houses.   
Well at least this time I am able to pay and I get the wares, but if they kept forcing me to buy this and that I will be bankrupt in no time  :o

I have a back up save after paying the arrows, let me know if it is needed :)

Msglog shown below.
Spoiler: show

(143270):u9i6:[  #  ]{0321068E}      | Entering settled area ...
(000000):u9i6:[Y]{0321068E}      | You shake the needles from your shoulders and come forward among the people. You are entering a driikil鄜s village...
(000000):u9i6:[T]{0321068E}      | The game is controlled mainly by keyboard commands.
(008000):u9i6:[=]{0321068E}      | Press [ESC] or [?] to see list of commands.
(A80000):u9i6:[!]{0321068E}      | Driikil鄜s Woman shouts: "You need to pay for those goods right now!"

[Edit: And I just realize one of the options in the dialog (I am not able to pay, Take what is yours) means returning the goods to the villager, I though that means take whatever valuables they desire from me as they like lol silly me)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:27:47 AM by skyleaf »

BlankPaper

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 07:00:17 PM »
I had the same issue. It was a stack of 143 roasted elk cuts that I had sold them previously, but when I came back to the village later, the stack was showing as 143 roasted elk cuts (taken), regardless of if it was on the floor or in my inventory, and the villagers were asking me to pay for it. I did try to grab and drop the stack several times to remove the tag, but it stayed. Removing the stack from my inventory using URWCharacterMenu didn't remove it from the pending transactions either.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 07:10:57 PM by BlankPaper »

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 07:17:30 PM »
I also reported a trade bug in the thread called 'Stolen Fur'. One month later, it has gotten zero response.

skyleaf

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 02:52:15 AM »
I also reported a trade bug in the thread called 'Stolen Fur'. One month later, it has gotten zero response.
I read your post just now but it seems to be two different issue if I understand it correctly, as your brought fox fur mysteriously turn into a reindeer fur? Haven't encountered this issue yet and since the post got 100+views with no response, you might encounter a rather rare bug. At least it turns into something more valuable :D

I had the same issue. It was a stack of 143 roasted elk cuts that I had sold them previously, but when I came back to the village later, the stack was showing as 143 roasted elk cuts (taken), regardless of if it was on the floor or in my inventory, and the villagers were asking me to pay for it. I did try to grab and drop the stack several times to remove the tag, but it stayed. Removing the stack from my inventory using URWCharacterMenu didn't remove it from the pending transactions either.

That sounds like the villagers were disappointed by your cookery skill and want their money back lol

Tom H

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 03:31:51 AM »
I read your post just now but it seems to be two different issue if I understand it correctly, as your brought fox fur mysteriously turn into a reindeer fur? Haven't encountered this issue yet and since the post got 100+views with no response, you might encounter a rather rare bug. At least it turns into something more valuable :D

That sounds like the villagers were disappointed by your cookery skill and want their money back lol

I just re-read my Stolen Fur post and, yes, it does sound like one fur became something else. I've added one word to give the correct meaning, 'I ALSO found'. That fur is still identified as "Taken'. The villagers still treat me normally, as though nothing is missing. Some how, there is a glitch in the action of returning a Taken item to the angry villager.