UnReal World > Mod Releases

Galgana's creature sprites

(1/4) > >>

Galgana:
This weekend, I took some time to revamp some predator models. Check them out in the before/after demo picture under the spoiler. Their prone sprites are also revamped.
The bird models had a bit of recoloring to make black grouse and capercaillie more distinguishable.
I also revised the water spirit after witnessing him walk on shore because the vanilla sprite did not help my immersion (especially since he showed up with nothing in his inventory).

Installation: unzip and drop PNG files into the truetile folder

list of revised sprite sheets:

* black grouse
* capercaillie
* arctic fox (updated v1.03)
* red fox
* lynx
* wolf
* water spirit
* dog (v1.01)
* elk - male and female + antlers (v1.02)
* sheep - male and female (v1.02)
* squirrel (updated v1.03)
* hare (v1.02)
* small mustelids (v1.03)
* willow grouse (v1.03)
See Wickham's Graphical Enhancement Project v1.3 for revamp of the forest reindeer by Krutzelpuntz.

Preview and comparison of animals with vanilla eastern man and prone bull for scale (v1.0):
Spoiler: show

Preview and comparison of water spirit (npc-wtrman):
Spoiler: show

trowftd:
These look really nice, superb job especially on the waterman. May I ask you what program did you use while creating these, I've done some small editing on my own in paint but I find the workflow to be a little clunky.
Thanks in advance.

Galgana:
Hah, these were all done in good old ms paint (not paint 3D, for clarification's sake). I gotta admit, my first attempt at the wolf went disastrously because I hadn't saved my work before hitting undo in several steps to look over my progress, though it wasn't a terrible loss because the silhouette looked overly similar to a giant squirrel.

Workflow indeed is clunky. Some of what I've done involved opening other sprite files to grab colors for my palette. In fact, the waterman's feet and the color of his reed kilt were taken from the forest spirit, while some of the flesh tones for his body were from the vanilla northern woodsman's face. I also kept to one side of my screen either photo or illustration references for pelt patterns or pose inspiration.

Perhaps the most painstaking part was applying a checkerboard-style recolor on the black grouse: that involved using the eraser tool to swap a vanilla color for one of the program's default colors and then going over the marked section with alternating left-/right-clicks to paint on the target vanilla/vibrant hue.

(Oops, I realize I forgot to flip the arctic fox for some of the directional frames. Original post has been updated with the corrected file in the compressed folder.)

trowftd:
Yep my biggest problem is quickly using and creating color palettes too. Thank you for the long reply though you hinted some stuff that I didn't really thought about using. Good old paint never lets you down :D

Not saving always happens to the best of us, it is always annoying though. ;D

Ezezaguna:
Nice!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version