Topic: Have you bought a hunting horn?  (Read 546 times)

甜汤

« on: August 05, 2020, 02:42:26 PM »
Where should I buy a masterpiece broad knife?
I can’t make superior elk fur and superior bear fur
I mean, what culture will refresh broad knife? I found that some cultures have a lot of crops、 barbecue or fur
Have you bought a hunting horn?

trowftd

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 03:14:44 PM »
As long as masterwork stuff goes, I had the most success with driikiläiset villages. For the hunting horn, I remember reading an old message from Sami. He says: "Hunting horns are really ancient items in the game, and their functionality hasn't been checked for a long time. They were intended to attract/scare animals, but it's uncertain how well it still works."

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 06:28:01 PM »
Re: Superior furs- Even though you may have 100% skill at hideworking and use a Masterwork Broad knife, there are multiple steps in processing furs that can fail and the skinning is only the first. When you have the good fortune to peel off a Superior skin, you should avoid working the skin further until you are fully rested.  If you're even a little bit tired, store the skin in a cellar until you've slept, before you take the next step. I always strip down my clothing/gear to the minimum when I'm working a Superior skin. The percentages for success are very low so minimize negatives when possible. 

Re: Hunting Horn- I buy one with my guys. When I used to use my dogs for chase and hunting they would often go out of my hearing range when pursuing an animal. Now I keep dogs for protection and don't care to risk their loss or injury during hunting so my dogs only go out of sight when they are badly injured when fighting and flee.

Do horns work when dogs are out of shouting range? It's not possible to say because there's no feedback in game that one can attribute solely to the horn's use. I can say that since I've been carrying a horn I have not lost any dogs. Before I had horns I'd lost several dogs that just failed to return when called.

甜汤

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 03:58:03 AM »
As long as masterwork stuff goes, I had the most success with driikiläiset villages. For the hunting horn, I remember reading an old message from Sami. He says: "Hunting horns are really ancient items in the game, and their functionality hasn't been checked for a long time. They were intended to attract/scare animals, but it's uncertain how well it still works."

I have never seen a masterwork broad knife in this archive, I have never seen a hunting horn

甜汤

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 04:00:11 AM »
Re: Superior furs- Even though you may have 100% skill at hideworking and use a Masterwork Broad knife, there are multiple steps in processing furs that can fail and the skinning is only the first. When you have the good fortune to peel off a Superior skin, you should avoid working the skin further until you are fully rested.  If you're even a little bit tired, store the skin in a cellar until you've slept, before you take the next step. I always strip down my clothing/gear to the minimum when I'm working a Superior skin. The percentages for success are very low so minimize negatives when possible. 

Re: Hunting Horn- I buy one with my guys. When I used to use my dogs for chase and hunting they would often go out of my hearing range when pursuing an animal. Now I keep dogs for protection and don't care to risk their loss or injury during hunting so my dogs only go out of sight when they are badly injured when fighting and flee.

Do horns work when dogs are out of shouting range? It's not possible to say because there's no feedback in game that one can attribute solely to the horn's use. I can say that since I've been carrying a horn I have not lost any dogs. Before I had horns I'd lost several dogs that just failed to return when called.

Do you remember which culture you bought your masterwork broad knife and hunting horn in?

BlankPaper

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 10:46:49 AM »
I found my masterwork broad knife in a Reemilaiset village, and several hunting horns in Kaumolaiset villages. I think you can find masterwork items with good regularity within "rich" cultures (Driikilaiset, Sartolaiset, Koivulaiset and Reemilaiset), with Driik being the most likely.

甜汤

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 11:54:36 AM »
I found my masterwork broad knife in a Reemilaiset village, and several hunting horns in Kaumolaiset villages. I think you can find masterwork items with good regularity within "rich" cultures (Driikilaiset, Sartolaiset, Koivulaiset and Reemilaiset), with Driik being the most likely.

Driik didn’t find it. Reemi found a fine broad knife, but there is still no masterpiece broad knife. The memory of sarto is a lot of crops. I have been looking for hunting horns in the north. I thought they had dogs, so hunting horns should appear, but nor. I will go to Kaumo again.

BlankPaper

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 01:02:56 PM »
Keep in mind that villages' inventories slowly refresh with time, so it may be worth going back to Driik or in villages you've already visited to see if they have interesting new things to buy.

甜汤

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 05:51:13 PM »
Keep in mind that villages' inventories slowly refresh with time, so it may be worth going back to Driik or in villages you've already visited to see if they have interesting new things to buy.

I have visited driik 5 times. once a year. I just explored Kaumo again, but there is still no hunting horn. Should I buy all of their products?

BlankPaper

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 06:42:23 PM »
I don't know if buying all their items helps, but maybe it's worth a try.

PALU

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 09:07:36 PM »
I don't think buying their items makes a difference, but I don't think I've heard of anyone testing it.

anything