Topic: I want to nap rather than sleep + pets on the same tile  (Read 4723 times)

Ukko

« on: August 04, 2020, 06:32:19 AM »
Maybe I'm missing some information because I have a couple of gripes.

If it's noon and I'm ready to drop I don't want to fall asleep then and wake at midnight. I'm not a nocturnal creature. I don't believe there's a way to just sleep for 2 or 3 hours, then do some activity until late evening and I'm fully tired again? You can interrupt resting but not sleeping? And resting does not renew even a little vigour. IRL when I sleep I can usually program myself to wake after roughly so many hours.

Also if I zoom in on a tile because I stumbled on prey and my pack reindeer and dog appear on the same tile, if I use Chat I only get the option to 'name' an animal, there's no way to choose one of them (the dog) to issue an attack command). I have to waste a couple of turns sorting them out and by then the prey may have run off.

I'm on ver.3.62

Thanks if anyone has any help for me. :)

BlankPaper

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 03:48:12 PM »
If you upgrade to 3.63, there's a new specific key shortcut [!] to control pets and companions. Haven't found a way to interrupt sleep, though.

Ara D.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 05:11:24 PM »
Oh great Sami hear our prayers, for Napping and circadian cycle. Sleep management it my least favorite micromanagement.

trowftd

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 08:36:08 PM »
It would definitely be cool to be able to select at what point you are going to wake up and adjust vigour accordingly.

Plotinus

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 09:31:24 PM »
If you are ready to drop and have a bit of coffee (bear pipe or mother pipe) before you go to sleep, you'll wake up in just a few hours, but not more than once every day or so.

it can help you fix your sleep schedule

甜汤

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 05:52:08 AM »
Control the degree of satiety and thirst to control the sleep time. This time can be actively adjusted. It is not difficult to adjust the sleep time required for different fatigue levels. Usually the inability to fall asleep in the wild and rain disturbs the law, but you can correct it with satiety and thirst. Rarely, ignoring hunger, thirst and fullness, fully recover from fatigue

Ukko

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 08:34:25 AM »
If you are ready to drop and have a bit of coffee (bear pipe or mother pipe) before you go to sleep, you'll wake up in just a few hours, but not more than once every day or so.

it can help you fix your sleep schedule

Thanks, that's a good idea if desperate, it shouldn't be a healthy way to control your sleep patterns regularly, in fact caffeine addiction could be built in! :)

Ukko

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 08:36:20 AM »
Control the degree of satiety and thirst to control the sleep time. This time can be actively adjusted. It is not difficult to adjust the sleep time required for different fatigue levels. Usually the inability to fall asleep in the wild and rain disturbs the law, but you can correct it with satiety and thirst. Rarely, ignoring hunger, thirst and fullness, fully recover from fatigue

Thank you. I can see it can work but it's a lot of bother for something we should be able to do without affecting our nutrition level.

Ara D.

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 01:15:05 PM »
That and it's always been a little bit of a pet peeves of mine the degree to which vigor and the need to sleep are linked. Hard work can help you sleep deep but never have been like oh I've baled so much hay today I simply can not stay awake and fallen asleep before my regular bed time, and on the other side there have been plenty of time where I've done no strenuous activity and I still can go to sleep at the same time as normal and sleep as long as normal

甜汤

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 03:03:50 PM »

Thank you. I can see it can work but it's a lot of bother for something we should be able to do without affecting our nutrition level.

You can suggest sami to join an select,

Before this question, I also hope that I can choose the sleep time, but the demand is not so urgent. I  thinking that it would be great if the addition of companions can provide their eyesight to help find animals, but companions have no attributes. and their Load is very low