Topic: Bonfire is a bug  (Read 3112 times)

甜汤

« on: July 29, 2020, 04:50:35 PM »
In the past I used loop snares to prevent enemies from approaching me, whether it was an animal or a human, that was an old version. Do traps still hinder animals? Humans can flow unimpeded on traps, as far as I have seen, I don't know if they will get hurt when they walk through traps. What I want to say is that a bonfire can be used to stop the enemy from advancing, find a reasonable location and put the bonfire on, you can destroy any civilization, except for bows and throwing weapons, the world has no threat at all.
Will this be corrected? Give humans more long-range weapons, or throw weapons, or let them have the ability to cross the campfire. They should be able to jump over the campfire, although it looks like they will walk on the flames, which can be imagined as jumping. I mean bonfires should not be obstacles. They should be able to remove traps or obstacles on the road

甜汤

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 05:44:12 PM »

甜汤

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 05:48:32 PM »
The content of the picture is: Some people think that cows are used to block the entrance to avoid close combat by the enemy. But it can be done with a bonfire

user1805

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 09:56:55 PM »
Human NPC can enter trap pits and get hurt or die. I saw a bunch of robbers who didnt enter the pits but just walked over them. I thought it possibly depends on the trapping skill if they get caught or not, but I dont know it. Otherwise it could be a bug.

Saw a Njerp Warrior who entered a heavy deadfall trap. The trap triggered but the warrior did not get hurt.

Where do you like to put the fire. One time there was a bear in a cave and I let my adventurer light a big fire in the entrance but the bear didnt get in sight. I gave that up as the entrance was for climbing.

I dont think you can stop NPC with a fire effectively but could easily trap yourself. In some old post someone mentioned to use some big fires at night in a range around him when it worked out that he wasnt seen by the NPC when the NPC was visible.

甜汤

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 07:36:52 AM »
Human NPC can enter trap pits and get hurt or die. I saw a bunch of robbers who didnt enter the pits but just walked over them. I thought it possibly depends on the trapping skill if they get caught or not, but I dont know it. Otherwise it could be a bug.

Saw a Njerp Warrior who entered a heavy deadfall trap. The trap triggered but the warrior did not get hurt.

Where do you like to put the fire. One time there was a bear in a cave and I let my adventurer light a big fire in the entrance but the bear didnt get in sight. I gave that up as the entrance was for climbing.

I dont think you can stop NPC with a fire effectively but could easily trap yourself. In some old post someone mentioned to use some big fires at night in a range around him when it worked out that he wasnt seen by the NPC when the NPC was visible.

What I mean is that bonfires can stop the NPC from moving forward, surround yourself with bonfires and trees, as long as you have a bow and enough arrows, you can easily kill targets that lack long-range attacks.