Topic: Game remembering meat drying?  (Read 3834 times)

Tom H

« on: July 25, 2020, 04:34:57 PM »
I have meat drying in an outdoor cellar, in winter. When I use the : to get something from a cellar it usually tells me if there is meat drying and for how many more days. In fact, I have several batches of meat drying (from before the last patch) and it reports their status.

However, I just put in 300 elk cuts to dry and, when I check the cellar, it only tells me about the older meat that's drying. No mention of the new 300 cuts. Is this a new feature, or a bug?

skyleaf

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 05:13:35 AM »
sounds like a bug to me.

JP_Finn

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 06:15:05 AM »
If you have multiple sets of meat drying, it might not have room to print it on screen.
I’d check the Log screen, but it was removed. I might’ve been only one using it regularly  :'(

Tom H

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 08:44:45 AM »
If you have multiple sets of meat drying, it might not have room to print it on screen.
I’d check the Log screen, but it was removed. I might’ve been only one using it regularly  :'(

It says there are two different sets of meat drying, but no mention of the new 300 cuts. I used spruce withes to hang it up and those are diminished by the amount I used.

Tom H

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 04:35:22 PM »
I insist that I am NOT an idiot, despite the evidence... To quote 'The Matrix', 'There is no spoon'. There's also NO BUG.

Mods, please delete this thread... :-[

甜汤

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 07:47:27 AM »
I have meat drying in an outdoor cellar, in winter. When I use the : to get something from a cellar it usually tells me if there is meat drying and for how many more days. In fact, I have several batches of meat drying (from before the last patch) and it reports their status.

However, I just put in 300 elk cuts to dry and, when I check the cellar, it only tells me about the older meat that's drying. No mention of the new 300 cuts. Is this a new feature, or a bug?

Are there any benefits to making dried meat in the cellar?

Tom H

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 07:00:14 PM »

Are there any benefits to making dried meat in the cellar?

No.

koteko

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 08:23:17 PM »
Well, the refrigeration bonus starts immediately, that's the only advantage - but it's not a small one if you are not often at your homestead. I always dry in the cellar.