Topic: Fire inside warning  (Read 5153 times)

G0815Krieger

« on: July 21, 2020, 10:41:44 AM »
It would be nice if there would be a warning in case of making fire inside a building while not aiming at a fireplace.

Reason: I accidently burned a lot of resources stored in wooden bowls when I wanted to make a fire but accidentially did not aim on fireplace (whole stock of flours and herbs have been burned down).

PALU

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 02:21:49 PM »
So you didn't burn down the whole building? You're lucky ;)

And I fully agree it would be useful with a warning in that case.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 10:25:37 PM »
Not too bad.

Usually end up splitting firewood on the firewood pile directly, which is adjacent to the fireplace. Then, distracted for any reason, start a fire on the firewood&block pile. Good bye cabin.  :-X

Yes, please. Indoor fire starting warning outside fireplace/sauna stove. Thank you!

Tom H

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 10:44:31 PM »
Deja vu... I stopped stacking firewood next to my fireplace because of the same fears. Now my woodpile is outside and I have a small stack on the far side of my cabin, away from the fireplace. That's the first story I've heard confirming my caution.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 05:56:38 PM »
It would be nice if there would be a warning in case of making fire inside a building while not aiming at a fireplace.

Reason: I accidently burned a lot of resources stored in wooden bowls when I wanted to make a fire but accidentially did not aim on fireplace (whole stock of flours and herbs have been burned down).

Technically this is quite easy to add since the conditions is so clear. So I think we'll have this warning added.
- Sami | UnReal World creator