Topic: Savegame needs remedy.  (Read 330 times)

BrunetteBird

« on: July 14, 2020, 12:26:00 PM »
After a few days of a break, I've returned home to play some Unreal World. Unfornately, my save file doesn't seem to work. It shows no text, yet I can still click it in the load game menu. When I do, it pops up the "savegame needs remedy, please contact the developers" message.

I don't have any mods installed, didn't mess with my save files nor the game, there are no drive errors, so it's probably the game.
The save doesn't work in the previous version of the game, it was created in 3.62, and doesn't work in it either.

When creating other saves the option to click it dissapears, I need to delete all other saves to be able to click it. The ancestors screen shows the character, with the reason of death being "Quit living".

I didn't die on that save, nor suicide. What can I do?
Every input is appreciated.

I use Windows 7 Home Premium.

Here's a mediafire link to my save (rar format): https://www.mediafire.com/file/kngoic7dcrxc5jc/WIKTOR.rar/file

Sorry for my bad English.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 12:32:51 PM by BrunetteBird »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 06:23:05 PM »
After a few days of a break, I've returned home to play some Unreal World. Unfornately, my save file doesn't seem to work. It shows no text, yet I can still click it in the load game menu. When I do, it pops up the "savegame needs remedy, please contact the developers" message.

I don't have any mods installed, didn't mess with my save files nor the game, there are no drive errors, so it's probably the game.
The save doesn't work in the previous version of the game, it was created in 3.62, and doesn't work in it either.

I checked the save out, and unfortunately it can't be restored. Wiktor is gone. Sadly.
The character data is blanked out for the reason we do not know.

Issues of blanked character data have been reported rarely, and for that reason in 3.62 double character file backup was added.
But it didn't work out here, which I'm a bit surprised of. You did save the Wiktor in completely normal fashion, with nothing out of the ordinary going on? No other application keeping the savefile open, etc.?
We can't remedy Wiktor, but just trying to understand possible cause.

The ancestors screen shows the character, with the reason of death being "Quit living".

This caught my attention. Did you have earlier characters named Wiktor who did quit living?
Because Ancestors log does pickup the information from it's own folder, and can't access other character folders.

Sorry for my bad English.

Your english is fine. We're sorry for your loss.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything