Topic: Quick question  (Read 3711 times)

Night

« on: July 12, 2020, 05:13:14 AM »
Was glancing at some text I usually never read and was wondering what this is reffering to:

Is this an indicator of your current progress/xp towards the next level?
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 06:10:32 AM »

Here you see that,

While the gains / increased level (over lifetime) is a lighter color
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Night

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 06:23:31 AM »
I understand what the lighter color'd bar represents I'm just trying to understand what the darker bar represents. I don't really understand what it means by 'initial skill mastery' is this different from the normal skill somehow?

on the wiki I'm reading a couple of different things

Also, the lower the skill mastery level is the faster the skill will raise upon successful usage - so there's a 'learning curve'. It takes far less effort to go from 6% to 7% than from 76% to 77%.

(it is much easier to hide when your target is sleeping and some animals can spot you easier than others, even when sleeping, especialy at low mastery)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 06:40:05 AM by Night »

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 07:22:34 AM »
 When you roll a character you have some level of skill from your starting choices and adding / removing points to skills once set this is your
 "Initial skill mastery"  in order to see how much or from where it has increased the second shade is added.

I think
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Night

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 08:42:24 AM »
That seems more sensible. I will assume it as such unless mentioned otherwise, thanks.

BlankPaper

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 09:54:17 AM »
I can confirm what Privateer said, from my own observations.

PALU

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 11:56:56 AM »
As others have said. The dark section is where your newly created character starts (which varies from character to character, based on stats and culture), the light section is skill points gained since then, and the black section is the way you have to go to reach 100.

Note that there doesn't seem to be any progression towards a new skill point, but rather a flat percentage chance for an increase. This chance remains the same for the first roll as for the 600:th (after 599 failures). The percentage chance gets lower the higher the skill is, so while it might be al 10% chance to go from 5->6, it might be 0.1% from 99->100 (the percentages used here are not based on actual values, although it IS very hard to go form 99 to 100 in e.g. dodging and blocking, with a chance well below 1%).

irontide

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 06:30:00 PM »

Here you see that,

While the gains / increased level (over lifetime) is a lighter color

Dear heavens, how have you managed to more than double your building stat?! What are you building?