Topic: Different types of wood  (Read 5537 times)

trowftd

« on: June 29, 2020, 01:56:38 PM »
Don't really know if it's already suggested but different woods like spruce wood or birch wood should be in the game I think. I realized it when I was building a bow. I thought well, I can't really make a strong bow out of pine. Obviously it doesn't need to be that detailed but I would like to see a difference between different trees in the game like a kuksa out of birch wood or something like that.

Buoidda

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 06:01:59 PM »
I thought well, I can't really make a strong bow out of pine.
(pushes glasses with index finger) But the best bow in the game is made from pine. lol ;D

Otherwise, I totally agree.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 08:52:43 PM »
Don't really know if it's already suggested but different woods like spruce wood or birch wood should be in the game I think. I realized it when I was building a bow. I thought well, I can't really make a strong bow out of pine. Obviously it doesn't need to be that detailed but I would like to see a difference between different trees in the game like a kuksa out of birch wood or something like that.

Yes, this is the direction we’re heading, but it’s a big, big transition and doesn’t come overnight. The level of detail needs to be indeed considered to serve the gameplay experience.

Buoidda already replied about the pine as bow wood, and I second. The strongest bows to be found in the world would be two-wood laminates made of compression pine and birch. Just an idea about the level of detail which would suit the game.
- Sami | UnReal World creator