Topic: Kotas for Northern tribes' overmap village tile  (Read 2368 times)

Buoidda

« on: January 23, 2021, 07:45:30 AM »
I'm colour blind and I have a serious difficulty spotting villages in the North, when they are surrounded by forest. There are no clearings around. I have to usually check the map to find the general area I'm supposed to look. (I used my "color blind pal"-app to tell what colour the little houses were. It tells the roofs are orange.)

Suggestion: Change Northern tribes' village graphic to gray kotas instead of houses.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 09:45:46 AM by Buoidda »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 10:08:24 AM »
If it's any consolation, it's quite hard to spot those villages with reasonably normal vision as well...

I think your suggestion is a good one both visually and thematically. The only problem I see is how to distinguish them from the kota sites that already exists (at least some bugged sites resulted in a kota image and just a single kota rather than a village, due to some problem with fitting the village to the terrain. I believe that bug has been fixed, though).

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 09:49:17 PM »
When they’re spotted and out of line-of-sight / grayed, I have difficulty to find the villages. I thought it was just darn difficult to see the Tribes’ villages in general.
I end up looking at F6 for directions all the time. “The village is somewhere in this spruce mire, been there 10+ times”
Some spots are easier to remember, and spot from lake/sea shore or mountains.

anything