Topic: Loss of ownership of dogs and cows?  (Read 3778 times)

MonkeyHead

« on: June 07, 2020, 10:51:54 PM »
Playing a very long term game in v3.40 and just encountered an odd quirk. Loaded up game as normal, and started my usual morning routine of feeding my dogs and milking my cows. Really oddly it seemed that I had no ownership of the animals - throwing meat to the dogs was treated as an attack, they had lost the names given to them, could not be commanded, nor leashed, nor packed. The cows refused to be milked. Every other item around my smallholding seemed to belong to me as normal. There were no other animals or people nearby. Any ideas as to a fix? It would be a shame to need to replace animals I know are legitimately my own...

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 10:58:15 PM »
Are you still running v3.40 or a later version?
Is the save from v3.40? Earlier version?
Do you remember crashing/closing the game in uncontrolled manner?
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

MonkeyHead

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 11:04:29 PM »
Still running 3.40, and this save is from 3.40. No, there have been no crashes or uncontrolled closures.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 02:28:30 AM »
Do you have crash backup save folder?
Or no backups?
As it’s old game version, I’m not sure if there’s much momentum to bug hunt it. But then, I know Sami doesn’t like them bugs either.

I keep 4 session saves separate, in case there’s crash/corrupt load, I can go back to previous (IRL) day, see if, and often, does clear the issue.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 08:35:31 PM »
We don't really concentrate on old version issues as they often have gotten fixed along the way.
Only the same glitch would happen in the newest publicly available version I'd take a look.

If you send me the savegame I can probably set the ownership back on, but after that you would need to migrate to newest publicly available version which is 3.61. This is an option you can take, but as there are so many versions in between it may be that you'll end up in some other oddities as well.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

MonkeyHead

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 10:10:56 PM »
Out of curiosity, how would you turn ownership back on? If this is something capable with a DIY approach I would be tempted to have a go myself. If not, by all means I shall post the save file.

Privateer

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 10:16:25 PM »
Out of curiosity, how would you turn ownership back on? If this is something capable with a DIY approach I would be tempted to have a go myself. If not, by all means I shall post the save file.

It wouldn't be a DIY type thing.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 06:54:07 PM »

I can tweak and alter things endlessly with the sources and compiler. It's more like a dev thing than DIY thing.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything