Topic: Fear the Walking Dead?  (Read 2717 times)

Tom H

« on: May 27, 2020, 08:29:55 AM »
I've been carrying dead Njerp bodies to a mountaintop for 'burial'. I had reached 7 stacks of bones but when I placed two more bodies up there, they were gone when I next visited, leaving no bones. I put two more bodies since and THEY, too, have disappeared, leaving no bones.

Is there some arcane rule about too many dead bodies in one place? Or, perhaps there's some graphics anomaly about the particular place I put those bodies?

Night

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:08:39 AM »
Corpses are also considered items so if you've reached the max item limit for that location, could be the case. sounds unlikely though. If its not the max item limit, maybe it has to do with corpses specifically.
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

PALU

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 09:39:45 AM »
Sounds odd. Have you checked that the bones they should have left behind didn't just merge with one of the existing bone stacks (adding to the number of bones in them)? Usually like items stack automatically, but there are cases when they do not (withes released when drying meat is one case), and there aren't that many kinds of human bone (Njerp bone is distinct from Vagabond Robber bone, which is distinct from Kaumo Robber bone. I suspect the Robber part isn't significant, but that it's only the culture that is, but I'm not in the habit of murdering civilians, so I've not been able to investigate it).

I generally lift the dead njerps/robbers up to the world map and wait until they've decayed into bone. At a convenient time thereafter I collect the bones and store them on a trophy rock out in the rapids outside my homestead (where they're out of reach of the bone nibbling dog). That, however, also means the normal stacking rules apply for my storage.

Tom H

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 07:02:34 PM »
I was laying them out separately so I expected the latest ones to create their own pile of bones, as all the previous ones had. I'll go check to see if they've been added to an already existing pile. Thanks.

P.S. - Checked and found that there's no additional bones in the 7 stacks there. I'm calling... ZOMBIES!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:22:10 PM by Tom H »

PALU

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 10:17:11 PM »
If they were separate they definitely shouldn't stack. If a dog had been nibbling at the bones those bones would show wear, not disappear. Map maintenance might be to blame, though, although that seems odd.