Topic: Collecting embers  (Read 4564 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: May 21, 2020, 04:18:02 PM »
In the light of fire mechanics change, I suggest picking and packing embers for portable fire source. Should work with wolf hide or bigger, using dirt* as insulation. Or collect the embers in a pot.

Given the frozen nature, heh, of winter, the soil around extended burn campfire could be thawed enough to be used.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 04:27:58 PM »
Oh, as to why collect embers? To have a quick fire source when out and about. 

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 06:01:44 PM »
In the light of fire mechanics change, I suggest picking and packing embers for portable fire source. Should work with wolf hide or bigger, using dirt* as insulation. Or collect the embers in a pot.

Given the frozen nature, heh, of winter, the soil around extended burn campfire could be thawed enough to be used.

I think you would have to carry quite big bucket of carefully covered embers to sustain their glow for a decent amount of time.

The ancients have used tinder fungus to carry a spark with them, though, and that's something I've sometimes thought of adding. But once it happens it comes with addition of making amadou tinder from the said fungus, and all that what was traditionally used in primitive fire making.
- Sami | UnReal World creator