Topic: New to the game, mods?  (Read 4787 times)

kaisrmaulo5

« on: May 20, 2020, 09:30:50 AM »
Hi all, I'm new to the game, picked it up a few days ago and have died a few times :)

I was looking at the mods available for the game, I wanted to know what people would recommend in terms of mods? was looking at the graphics mods and wondered which is the best and what ones are compatible with others?

in other words, what mods do people tend to play with and why?

StefanPravda

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 11:12:49 AM »
My picks: URW Graphical Enhancement Project, JCM, BAC, bees mead and coop. First 2 are graphical.

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 12:25:16 AM »
jmho
 As you play, you may find yourself saying "Why can't I do this" or "I wish I could do that".

With this being your motivation seek out OR make your own mod(s) which 'Add' to your game play.
Rushing into using mods because they are there can be confusing and off putting.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 02:36:41 AM »
I’ll second Privateer. First survive a full year with couple characters: hunter, trapper, farmer, even warrior. Learn the vanilla. Then if you have a “why can’t I do this”; then look a mod for it. Or make it yourself

StefanPravda

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 10:57:49 AM »
Sorry guys but you are wrong. Life without chickens is not life...  ;D

Privateer

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 07:14:09 PM »

I totally agree with this statement and would also expand it to include Bees   ;)
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 09:37:26 PM »
Who needs chickens? We need catch live / cage traps and option to domesticate mallards! And Swans!

anything