Topic: How to quickly change weapons?  (Read 2648 times)

Homocommando

« on: April 03, 2021, 07:16:29 PM »
Sometimes I want to change bow to spear, but spear is two handed, so I have to unequip bow after (or before).
Is it possible to just somehow equip X, and unequip everything else at the same time, so I don't have to use 2 turns just to change weapon?

Edit: And the other way around it is even harder. You have to unequip spear, then equip bow, and then arrow. At least afaik.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 07:49:00 PM by Homocommando »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 09:00:39 PM »
The only way to speed up equipping a weapon from the inventory is to drop the current weapon (and remember to pick it up once the fight is over). You can fire arrows without explicitly equipping them first, but it still takes the same time and adds the risk that the target (or someone else) has moved so it's no longer a good idea to fire (such as e.g. your leashed dog moving in the way), so the safest way is to equip the arrow explicitly first.

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 06:55:40 AM »
It's not much but if you're skiing you can use the letter 'A' to remove your ski stick and it doesn't seem to cost any time to do, so, a spear would be ready to go with both hands. Also, if you're carrying a bow/spear in position #1 and a ski stick in position #2, you can 'Wield' a javelin or an arrow, etc, in position #2 without having to give an order to drop the ski stick. It will just replace it in position #2.

In reference to Palu's point about arrows, IF you select an arrow without equipping and then choose not to fire, it will still use that time segment but the arrow will NOT be equipped.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 07:45:39 PM by Tom H »

JP_Finn

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 04:23:06 AM »
If you want to switch to Bow&arrow, using X to switch 1st/2nd can save a turn:
Wield bow (it’ll go to 2nd slot),
Switch weapons with X (capital, not lowercase) which is a free action.
Wield arrow.

If primary weapon (1st) is already wielded, wielding another will go to the secondary(2nd) slot.

Only time one needs to Take-off a weapon is to use two-handed: swords, axes, spears without penalty. And for role playing purposes.

And Switch weapons (X) is very handy.