Topic: Hill, cliffs and mountains  (Read 5794 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: May 07, 2020, 08:07:51 AM »
Currently it seems that higher elevation features: mountains, hills and cliffs, only have trees grow on the edges, not atop or on way up.

Please add some small /slow growth birches and pines on them.

Adjust cliffs and mountains  to occasionally have a sheer rock face, to steep to be climbed.

Kararas

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 08:08:54 PM »
Я пару раз встречал на вершинах ели и кусты,но думаю это можно сделать,но не обязательно

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 05:58:03 AM »
If my translator got that right, yes, there are rare rare trees on far&infrequent cliffs/hills/mountains.
While in RealWorld there’s more trees, especially on top.

Buoidda

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 09:12:30 PM »
I've been wondering about that too. On mountains you find the occasional birch, but hills seem to be completely bare.

How'bout giving hills/some cliffs a coat of (young/small?) birches?

Searching "tunturikoivikko" (birch fells) gives a clear picture of what I'm envisioning:
https://www.google.com/search?q=tunturikoivikko&sxsrf=ALeKk02fOml0wrH2uS_CpXZAlaZW0FcFuQ:1607285088923&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjYl5zGk7rtAhUEAxAIHTD3A6oQ_AUoAXoECAQQAw&biw=1536&bih=722

Also a cool feature of the currently "opaque" birch would be that you could see through birches when they are leafless and not when they are dressed in leaves. Would also fit my rl experience of birch-woods.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 03:24:38 PM by Buoidda »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 09:59:13 PM »
Currently it seems that higher elevation features: mountains, hills and cliffs, only have trees grow on the edges, not atop or on way up.
Please add some small /slow growth birches and pines on them.

There should be a possibility for lone trees to exist even at mountain tops and cliffs, occasionally. But I guess the hill terrain generation is very crude and unpolished. I’m aware of it and not pleased with it. Gotta check when time allows.

Adjust cliffs and mountains  to occasionally have a sheer rock face, to steep to be climbed.

Those should exist already.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything