Topic: [not a bug] Loading a save game uses a tick of time  (Read 5279 times)

Brygun

« on: April 24, 2020, 06:29:08 PM »
As part of my character blogging when there is something worth a picture I also save the game and post my writing to that point. Keeps things co-ordinated if I have to reload.

This time I definitely see that the other creatures get a tick of time.

If you look at the attached picture you will see the elk with foot prints to its north west. It is at the foot prints the elk was when I saved. When I reloaded the elk moved that one square. This means on loading the game is executing a tick of time (perhaps to check on various things).

Thus the save and reload isn't at precisely the same point though very close.

Might be to avoid save-reload in combat exploits.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 07:10:25 PM by Sami »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 05:40:29 AM »
Yup. I just realized that on the pics for “blood scape disappear on loading bug” post, the eagle owl scurried a tile forward, that I used to check if the bloodscapes do disappear on load. (Which they do)

PALU

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 10:26:38 AM »
Yes, I thought it was to make combat save/savescum(or kill and hope the save is OK)/load exploits less attractive.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 07:10:11 PM »
Yes it does, and this is intentional for the reasons PALU guessed - to encourage playing the real threatening situations through.
It's confusing to spot at first but now you all (reading this) know. Been like that for 26 years, and I can recall only very few remarks of it. We'll keep this trademark continuing. :)

- Sami | UnReal World creator