Topic: NPCs consuming food  (Read 5011 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: April 24, 2020, 07:54:07 AM »
This would likely be a massive overhaul.
But it’d be F’n amazing if NPCs would consume food.

Both villagers, as well robbers and Njerps.

1) the villages would be less likely to sell their last food item for another plank/arrow/bowl.
2) leaving bowls, cups of ... mystery stew*... outside Njerp/robber  camps could open a new approach...
3) selling meat&fish&produce to starving villages should improve their perception of PC
4) buying excess meat/fish/grains from villages should have lower trade value rate: resulting in supply runner/trader opportunity for PC.

*Some use for raw black ears, marsh calla, bog flowers &/ sand mushrooms

Mmmm, some mixed meat stew with sand mushroom and bog flower: yum ;)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 06:28:48 PM »
I'm under impression all the NPCs do consume food already, and village communal food consumption should happen as well.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 04:40:58 AM »
Hmm. I've left bowls of mystery stew outside Njerp camp. Not in Camp, but adjacent areas with foot prints. I've not had them picked up. Much less consumed.

Maybe they're divining the exact ingredients and don't go for the "sweet poison".

I'll see if I can make 'em grab some and keel over and die. Or not.. I don't think any of my characters with Njerp camp is in correct season for more sand mushrooms.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 04:35:14 AM »
I haven't spotted Njerp camps*, but with some testing done with dogs, they never consume any food from bowls..
Will bark in hunger next to a bowl of elk stew. Told to Eat, they just tilt head in confusion.
If the consumption code is shared, even partially, is it possible the NPC won't eat from containers either?

*actually, I should have one on other character still around. I need to go drop a bowl of stew with nothing but meat and water there...