Topic: [Not a bug] Northern cultures clothing discrepancy  (Read 5162 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: April 04, 2020, 05:28:20 AM »
Northern Cultures are wearing linen, nettle and woollen (+leather footwear) garments, yet none of the villages NEVER have a single such item for sale. (I've yet to see the Northern cultures offer for sale any piece of clothing.)
Doesn't make any sense, either they travel south and buy clothes with extras, or only wear locally made stuff.

=/= !!Logic!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 10:37:40 AM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 10:37:20 AM »
Not a bug. Nothern cultures just do not sell armours or clothing.

When it comes to logic, one could ask also what would be the logic of selling the most precious pieces of trading acquired clothing (linen, woollen, etc.) that you aren't able to - or don't know how to - produce locally?
- Sami | UnReal World creator

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 05:02:37 PM »
Buy low, sell high?
I.e. send trading group to sell furs to the coast. Have them bring back us much metal tools, fabric clothing, salt etc as they get for their furs. Unlikely for anyone to make the journey with just 2 hides: as we only need a woodman’s axe.

(I made the way to southern Kiesse, as no village in Kaumo or northern Kiesse had any clothes... robbers took my linen tunic, rough linen pants and fine leather boots. Still need to find boots and pants. Guess it’ll take me to Reemi, or even to Driik. And better part of month to re-dress my ”reindeer farmer”)

Edit: Hah, lucky 13. That's the village/settlement in Reemi to have either nettle or linen pants available. Sea to shining sea in quest for pants! guess I should look for backup pants too  ::)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 10:20:09 PM by JP_Finn »