Topic: mushrooms  (Read 3572 times)

« on: April 21, 2020, 08:27:04 PM »
ive eaten yellow fingers they're safe but i added scaly mushrooms as id run out i managed to survive the deadly poison ive got a lot of scaly mushrooms growing around my house what are they? also strange berries

Labtop 215

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 09:32:08 PM »
They are mushrooms and berries.

You need to use your herblore skill to identify them.  You can try checking the wiki and cross referencing where you found the mushrooms, what their effects are on you, and the time of year you found them in.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 11:15:53 PM »
UrW tries to simulate your character's limited knowledge about plants by giving randomly assigned "don't know" names to them. You can try to increase the herb lore by frequently trying to identify them, which gradually increases the skill which eventually allows you to identify them all. Once my starting character has enough food to relax a bit I try to perform a weather lore and identify each of a number of carried leaves each morning when awakening, evening when going to bed, before eating, and when waiting for fatigue to wear off before doing something quality related (such as tanning hides). Note that you can't spam identification attempts, so some time will have to pass between each attempt.

The general advice is not to eat unidentified things, in particular mushrooms.

JP_Finn

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 04:31:30 AM »
Late spring early summer, likely black ear.
Latter summer to fall, likely sand.

Always blanch(cooking|boil) your mushrooms, then cook them into mushroom soup or use in meat stew. Sometimes doing Herblore check on the blanched mushrooms gives you, safe to eat/not safe to eat.

All but redlegger and sand are safe after blanching. First gives stomach aches and barfing. Second is deadly.

Ara D.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 05:40:52 PM »
Also noadi's is safe to eat but has some unusual side effects especially if you eat one save your game and forgot that you ate it when you set out hunt when you start playing the next day.

JP_Finn

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 07:41:33 AM »
Also noadi's is safe to eat but has some unusual side effects especially if you eat one save your game and forgot that you ate it when you set out hunt when you start playing the next day.

Oh. I see what you done there.
Stoner.  ::)

Btw, uncooked noaidis should give painful stomach ache.

anything